So Cal Source for powders?

Rick

Reaction score
I keep hearing good things about Ramshot/Western Powders, and I did have good luck with their Magnum powder. I would like to buy some more of it, along with some X-terminator powder for .223. I cannot find a local (LA or Orange County) dealer who carries it. X-terminator and TAC are two powders that are highly recommended for .223 by John Barsness and other writers.

Anyone know of a dealer carrying these powders?

Thanks!

Val

Reaction score
Call Philips whoesale at 626-331-3022. He can probably order it for you.

Rick

Reaction score
Thanks, Val. I've been meaning to check that place out. In the meantime, I went ahead and bought a couple pounds of H-322 for the .223. I've heard good things about it, too. I've always used H-335. but it is a little dirty and is hard to clean out of the bore. For the amount of .223 ammo I go through, I like the ballpowders because they flow through the measure smoothly and I don't have to trickle and weigh each charge.

Val

Reaction score
My .223 does well with Varget and the 50 grain Hornady V-max pellets.

Rick

Reaction score
I like using a ball powder in my .223s since I load a lot at a time. The ball powders like H-335, W-748 and H-322 flow through my powder measure like water and accurately enough that I only have to check the weight about every 10 rounds or so. The interest in the Western/Ramshot powders is caused by the supposed temperature insensitivy and a "copper inhibitor" that is supposed to minimize copper fouling, as well as being a ball powder.

Top Bottom