• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

So long, Buddy; I appreciate everything

BelchFire

I speak fluent Vise-Grip
Admin
It pains me greatly to have to write this, but I can't escape the reality, no matter how much I try to move on. JHO member Tacker passed away in August. He is my Dad.

He taught me the value and sport of hunting and fishing very early in my life. I have been richly blessed to be able to travel with him and enjoy some awesome father/son time in some really cool places. I guess our first real adventure away from home was Honduras in 1988; we shot dove and duck for three days and had a blast. A few years later, we went to Argentina and cleaned up on dove, then we went to Saskatchewan and hunted bear and later still, we fished Alaska for salmon and trout. All this while we enjoyed hunting whitetail deer, hogs, dove and ducks here at home.

As his health waned, he struggled for a long time and was very feeble right there at the end. I can't tell you the last time he was able to go out and hunt or even plink, but it was a long time ago. JHO was instrumental in keeping him entertained at home and hunting vicariously through us.

I was blessed to be allowed to spend over 50 years learning from him and I developed a deep love and respect for him. Even though he had countless friends that I could have called on to help, I only asked five to be pall-bearers because I felt like it's a son's duty to carry his father to his final resting place. I took the handle nearest his right hand and gently placed him on the pier next to his mother's grave.

Next time you're out plinking, let one go down range for Tacker; I know I will.

KTKT70

Sounds like you were both blessed with the time you had. I hope you will always have those happy times to focus on. Best wishes to you and your family. My the big man be with y'all in this hard time. RIP Tracker

Sarghunter

IM So Sorry for you LOSS,, It sounds like you have some AWESOME Memories Hold on to them Tight. This may sound Goofy but Put a Favorite Photo in you Hunting/Fishing vehicle of your DAD so he Will always be heading out with you on your Next Trip, God Bless

P304X4

Will keep you and your family in our prayers, the pain of losing family never completely leaves us but as time passes it becomes more bearable. Some will take a little longer than others.

Bigolwiggler

Wow Belch, sorry to hear that for sure. That was a Wonderful tribute. I am glad that you are so thankful for the time that you were given with him. You had a good long time with him. My dad passed away when I was 17 but I am still thankful for that much time with him. None of us guaranteed any tomorrows . None of us get out of here alive . Its never easy . Buddy, you and your family take care and continue to count your blessings.

Your friend,
Brett.

P304X4

i couldn't find the song to play on line but one I've remembered through the years was "Old Rivers" done by Walter Brennan.

OPAH

Here you Go

[video=youtube_share;kwuHxJrrf0Y]https://youtu.be/kwuHxJrrf0Y[/video]

Last edited:

BelchFire

I speak fluent Vise-Grip
Admin
Thanks much, guys. I didn't mean to make this about me. He was a larger-than-life kind of guy and he shared the outdoors with me. I just wish my boys could have known him in the outdoors too.

P304X4

We all have times when we need to reach out to ease the pain, "being there" for one helps to ease a hurt for us all.

Top Bottom