So Sierra Deer Movement

jackrabbit

Reaction score
I was up in D7 this afternoon scouting out some fishing spots for the weekend. Saw some good deer tracks in the soft soil near water at the 7,000 foot level. Didn't actually look for deer, and did not see any actually, but the tracks were fresh and good size. Anybody see any, how high? Any headgear?

imnrut

Banned
Reaction score
Saw a group of four bucks while shed hunting this week. I'd say they were at about 6,000'. They all had 2-3 inch fuzzy nubs already... can't wait for summer scouting.

bmtoth

Reaction score
like what common sense said, in d-8 i've been seeing more in the lower elevation now. the grass here in d-8 sucks, will be a bad year for the cattle! i tried shed hunting last weekend, no luck, march was alot better.

Common Sense

Reaction score
Went up to the cabin to water this morning. About 3,500 just below the pine trees in northern D8. Got there just as the sun was peeking over Big Baldy. Prime time, but didn't see a single deer on the trip. There was one bedded down in my yard, it took off before I could see if it had knobs on it's head, but was a good sized deer. A few stay year round, but most will soon go higher.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom