So whaddaya think happened here?

Bayboy2020

Reaction score
No joke my 17yr old sister just did the same exact thing to my dad and I hunting truck!! I'm so pissed

mgriffith80

Reaction score
" I came out of the store and saw it, I don't know what happened!"

slanttop357

Reaction score
Do tell, lets hear her side of the story. My guess is ATM drive through clipped one of those cement poles.

Last edited:

solus

Reaction score
looks about the height of those cement poles at the end of the gas station pumps so you dont hit the pumps

Where's Bruce?

Reaction score
Knows nothing about any damage but oddly enough, didn't go outside to inspect upon hearing about it.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I remember telling my dad another driver ran me off the road when I lost a mirror on the truck. I was 4 wheeling while hunting and them dang mirrors stuck way out for trailering.

The next week when I took off the other mirror I had to finally fess up when he said show me where this all happened.

That could be from some ahole in a parking lot who didn't leave a note. I saw a woman leaving a bar one time smack a car 3 times while trying to get out of her parking spot. She drove off as we tried to wave her down. I left a note on the damaged car with the drunk's license plate number and my number to be a witness. NEver got a call.

BelchFire

I speak fluent Vise-Grip
Admin
Reaction score
On first inspection I'd have to say that you have a gutter leaking to leave a stain like that in the driveway. Either that or the heater core in the Cherokee is leaking and the coolant needs to be changed.

No matter the source, once you let the iron oxide work its way down into the pores of the pavement, you'll never get a stain like that up. Good luck finding the leak.

Sigma

Reaction score
The gas tank on a jeep is on the driver's side...

Marty

Reaction score
Apparently she tried so hard to stop that the front wheels became caked with dirt and brake dust.
:D

Where's Bruce?

Reaction score
Here's what I suspect happened. I think she was making a hard left and hit something. I see graze marks on either side of the dent in the bumber, took out the lense on the turn signal and then rubbed along 50% of the front left tire (lateral rub marks between 5 O'clock and 10 O'clock positions along outer edge of tire). Don't see how that could happen if parked. Odds are she had both hands on the wheel and in motion turning left at point of impact. Wife wants to believe otherwise.

Jeep3.jpgJeep4.jpgJeep5.jpgJeep6.jpg

Upon being asked about it she did not run outside to inspect the damage suggesting she'd already had plenty of time to look at it. A normal reaction (if hit while parked and unaware of it) would have been to go see how bad the damage is and vent about "other" drivers. I wanna believe her but I just have trouble based on the damage and her behavior.

PS: My driveway is 26 years old and has many stains. The one in question actually came from a contractors truck. It was parked there during a school project (we were building a float for the High School Homecoming parade) and they needed a big covered space so it was constructed on the side of my home under a big tent. That area has more paint stains than you can imagine. Not sure what i can do about it but replace it (ca-ching!!! $$$) or live with it. Power washer and acid didn't work.

Last edited:

Sigma

Reaction score
Possible scenario: Backing out of a parking spot that has a shopping cart return area to the right and a iron pole. While backing out, steering wheel is turned to the left. Looking out the rear window during the process, front right of the vehicle made contact with the pole.

BelchFire

I speak fluent Vise-Grip
Admin
Reaction score
I'm just funnin with ya Bruce. No driveway stain this side of Fukushima is gonna bother me....

As for the Cherokee, my first reaction was "Let he who is without sin......." If she's anything like I was, she may be cool on the outside while being grilled (no pun intended), but she's screaming inside. If she gets one like this under her belt, maybe it'll do the trick and help her perk up on the attention later. That one is a small price to pay or a lesson well learned if she learns the lesson.

dtj6ppc

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
Probably says alot more about trust, fear, integrety, and open communication between father and daughter, then anything else.

T_A_K

Reaction score
Who cares? What's done is done if she fesses up it doesn't fix the damage. If it happens again then clearly there is a problem.

Where's Bruce?

Reaction score
Probably says alot more about trust, fear, integrety, and open communication between father and daughter, then anything else.
How many teenage girls have you raised exactly? I'd like to believe my kid but this is her second "hit & run" while the car was allegedly parked in her first ten weeks as a licensed driver. How many times has your car been hit hard enough to dent the bumper while parked? Part of being a parent means knowing when not to be chump...sad & difficult as that may be. Her safety is my sole concern but to ensure that I may have to be the bad guy who takes the vehicle away as punishment for poor driving and/or deception. No parent wants to believe their kid would lie to them which is why so many parents end up being surprised to learn their teen is doing drugs. Knowing what's really going in the lives of your teen is a challenge for every parent.

Skyler

Reaction score
Gotta watch that front wheel swing while backing up!

Stevehazard

Reaction score
Looks like she clipped a pole (or white car while attempting to parallel park ) while the wheels were turned left in a parking lot or street. She either wasn't paying attention, misjudged the space she had, or encountered on of those stupid "short" poles that you can't see when close. If she is not providing you with any real information as where it might of happened then you can't really do much but just fix it or deal with it and decide weather to believe her or not. The amount of damaged on the vehicle does not necessarily tell you if it occurred at parking speeds or higher. I've broken headlight lens and caused similar damage while parallel parking but then had almost no damage at 15 to 20 before too.

bsanders8181

Reaction score
Bruce the bigger issue is the perceived deception. Usually your first gut feeling is the correct one. I know you're right about sometimes needing to be the bad guy, but deceit cannot be tolerated. I've been working with the boy, and at 13 feel I can read him better now than 5 yrs ago. But the girl (5 yrs) still gets me on occasion. Sometimes you just need to call them out and hold them accountable even when they don't confess, or you want to believe them. Needless I cannot yet relate to a driving age teen, just how I have dealt with mine in the past.

Rodburner

Reaction score
On first inspection I'd have to say that you have a gutter leaking to leave a stain like that in the driveway. Either that or the heater core in the Cherokee is leaking and the coolant needs to be changed.

No matter the source, once you let the iron oxide work its way down into the pores of the pavement, you'll never get a stain like that up. Good luck finding the leak.
oh! my god that one brought tears to my eyes i laugh so f-n hard good eye belch

Top Bottom