So Where's Chandra Levy?

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
My guess is she's pregnant and in hiding. Hopefully Condit didn't flip out and kill her. Any other theories?

http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/07/07/condit.mi...tern/index.html

Police source: Condit admits to affair with Levy July 7, 2001 Posted: 7:53 PM EDT (2353 GMT)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------- WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Rep. Gary Condit told Washington police he had an affair with 24-year-old former intern Chandra Levy, a police source told CNN.

Terrance Gainer, Executive Assistant Chief of the Washington Metropolitan Police, said investigators interviewed Rep. Gary Condit for a third time on Friday about Levy's disappearance.

Gainer said Condit answered all questions fully, and reiterated the California congressman is not a suspect in the case.

Authorities have also subpoenaed the cellular phone and apartment phone records of both Condit and Levy, a law enforcement source said.

There were no plans to search the lawmaker's apartment, according to the source.

The official said that, "of course," police have also subpoenaed Levy's medical records. Those records were sought using the normal grand jury mechanism, the source added. A special grand jury has not been appointed in the case, the source said.

"If the police made any requests for records, we'd voluntarily turn them over," said Marina Ein, Condit's public relations representative, Saturday.

Ein said she did not know if the police have already asked for and received Condit's cellphone records.

Still, police maintain the search for Levy -- who was last reported seen April 30 but who is believed to have written an e-mail from her home on May 1 -- is being treated as a missing persons case and is not a criminal investigation.

Levy's aunt said Friday her niece, 24, had carried on a secret, intimate relationship with Condit, 53, since last fall.

"We believe that Rep. Condit's lack of candor is hindering efforts to find Chandra," her aunt, Linda Zamsky, said in a 16-page statement distributed to the news media.

"We call on him to do what he would want others to do if one of his children were missing -- give a complete account of his relationship with Chandra, what he knows about her whereabouts on the days leading up to her disappearance and any information he may have that can help investigators," she said.

Levy's aunt said her niece told her the relationship with Condit had been intimate prior to last Thanksgiving. "She described, in detail, some of their bedroom encounters."

Susan and Robert Levy look at a photo of Chandra at their home in Modesto, California, on Wednesday Through aides, Condit has denied any romantic involvement with Levy, who is from Modesto, in Condit's congressional district, and had been in Washington as an intern in the public affairs office of the Bureau of Prisons.

Condit's public relations spokeswoman, Marina Ein, issued a statement later Friday, reiterating that Condit and his wife, Carolyn, have cooperated with authorities.

"Their complete willingness to do this with police investigators should not be confused with their decision not to fuel an out-of-control media frenzy," said Ein. "They do not believe that making public statements, or attending media events, will do anything positive or constructive in the effort to locate Chandra."

Asked whether investigators have concluded there was a romantic relationship between Condit and Levy, the source said, "I don't know if I would be there yet. I am very suspicious of what other people's agendas are."

Zamsky said Levy told her the California Democrat gave her gifts, including a gold bracelet, Godiva chocolates and airplane tickets for at least one trip to California. Zamsky also said her niece detailed weekends she spent at Condit's Washington apartment.

District police have said they believe she either was a victim of foul play or is in hiding -- all but ruling out the possibility of suicide.

Some have criticized Condit for not being forthcoming publicly, especially because he was sharply critical of President Clinton's efforts to hide his relationship with White House intern Monica Lewinsky.

Speaking of Clinton, Condit told CNN in a 1998 interview, "All we're saying is get all the information out there, let the American people make their decision, let us make our decision."

Party officials told CNN on Friday that Condit, a Democrat, met privately last week with House Minority Leader Dick Gephardt of Missouri and told him he has no intention of resigning his seat. The officials said Gephardt did not ask Condit to resign. Condit himself has rarely been seen publicly in recent weeks.

Condit's wife was questioned by D.C. police and the FBI on Thursday for more than three hours and, according to one top law enforcement official, was asked about her husband's whereabouts during her visit to Washington in the days before Levy's disappearance.

Mrs. Condit was in Washington visiting her husband April 28 through May 3, the congressman's office has said.

The law enforcement source said the interview concerned the hours she was with her husband prior to Levy's disappearance.

Asked whether anything new was learned, he said, "Not particularly. Not anything that brings us closer."

Police Chief Charles Ramsey has said about 100 people have been interviewed in the case. According to the law enforcement source, the vast majority of those questioned had visited Levy's gym -- the Washington Sports Clubs outlet -- on April 30.

Zamsky said her niece told her Condit went to great lengths to conceal their relationship, insisting he would end it if she told anyone about it and giving her detailed instructions on how to keep their meetings secret.

On April 29, the day before Levy was last reported seen, Zamsky said she got a message on her telephone answering machine from her niece in which she said her internship had ended, she planned to return to California and she had "some big news" to tell her.

"There was absolutely no indication that she was upset," Zamsky said. "No one in her family believes she committed suicide."

-- CNN Correspondent Bob Franken contributed to this report.

BigDog

Reaction score
In my opinion, either Condit or his wife did something to Chandra. The police can not say that he is a suspect because they have not found enough evidence to accuse a congressman. But, I think that being a politician is evidence enough to start with. lol
This is the same guy who was doing press conferences and stating that Clinton should come clean if he had sex with an intern. And he has played the same game, No, No, no, welllll, yes I did have an affair.
Bunch of scumbags we have in office.

hunter mike

Reaction score
Chandra has been gone a long time, if she is in the states you think someone would have seen her by now.  I'd say it isn't too far fetched to think that Condit may have had her "silenced" so she couldn't go public.  When the true is revealed, I see this story becoming another made for TV movie.  

grizz

Reaction score
It's going to be intersting to see if the guy get re-elected next time he runs.

shooter44

Reaction score
My guess is he won't run again.  I don't necisarilly think he had anything to do with her dissapearence, but he should have come clean from the start.  His excuse about not wanting his affair known just doesn't cut it IMHO.  When it comes to life and death, embarassment over an affair is a small concern.  You would think if he is innocent his first concern would be for her wellbeing and not his reputation.  Instead he withheld info and wasted time when it was most critical.  If he does run again it will just be a media circus with every appearence dominated with questions about Chandra and the other affairs.

(Edited by shooter44 at 11:39 am on July 8, 2001)

Fubar

Reaction score
My guess is he had someone do her in to keep her quiet. If something else happened to her it was just bad luck for him that everyone found out about his affair. Not to mention her bad luck.            Fubar

Speckmisser

Reaction score
I wouldn't rule anything out, but when the cops say someone is "definitely not a suspect", that's a pretty good indication that they have something else cooking.  They're pretty handy with that "we haven't ruled anyone out" line when there's much doubt, even when a potential suspect is a politician.  

Washington DC is a dangerous town, both in the political circle (inside the beltway) and in the urban jungle all around it.  

Either way, Condit sure screwed himself on this one.  

(Edited by Speckmisser at 3:00 pm on July 8, 2001)

jerry d

Reaction score
Not convinced Condit had anything to do with her disappearance but she's probably dead after this length of a time. It's reported she was a very intellegent young lady. Sadly, another bright young life probably lost....

Wouldn't be surprised to hear someone she knew did it...jealous admirer, maybe.

As for this screwing up Condit's career - don't bet on it. His local Democratic leaders are already on tv spinning the ol'; "After all, it was only an affair. Just look at all the good he's done for this area". May cost him his marrage but his political career...don't put money on it. Give it time and everyone will be sympathizing with him for getting caught this way. After all, and my speculations only, heard his wife has an ongoing medical problem that may possibly prevent her from "satisfying his needs".

Remember little Teddy??? He left a woman to drown without notifing anyone for hours and they keep re-electing him time after time.

Bet ol' Billy, "I did not have sex with that woman", would have been re-elected if he could have run again.

Which would you believe first -  politician, used car salesman or duck hunter.

(Edited by jerry d at 11:14 pm on July 8, 2001)

BigDog

Reaction score
Politician, used car salesman or duck hunter? Man, that is a tough one......

Potitician...now folks, this bill is for the good of everyone. {not to mention the big bucks I will make from it}

Salesman...this little baby is in mint condition and will make you happy for years. {at least until the one year warranty expires}

Duck hunter...and you take the second cut off to pond 18. Set up on the right side of the pond. {That should keep him at least a half mile from me and where all of the ducks really land}

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
You're not a suspect, but could you submit to a 3rd interrrogation?

You're not a suspect but can we search your apartment?

You're not a suspect but can we have a sample of DNA from you?

Gads, I hate to see what the police do to you if you ARE a suspect.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Latest bumper sticker seen in Cal.

"Honk if your daughter had sex with Condit too"

Fubar

Reaction score
Spectr    He has been cleared. His own people gave him a lie detector test. His lawyer said he passes with flying colors.                  Fubar

Fubar

Reaction score
His bogus lie detector test didnt convince the cops either. Seems to me if you had nothing to hide you would have an official test with everybody there so if you passed that you could proclaim your innocence. This test only makes me more suspicious.            Fubar

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Fubar,

There are a few tricks to pass or flunk a lie detector test that are well published. It also matters how the questions are worded. This is why most courts do not allow lie detector tests to be admitted as evidence.

Putting a tack in your shoe and poking your toe while they do the baseline questions will skew the rest of the test.

Send $10.00 in a self addressed envelope to me if you want the rest of the proven tricks from my uncle, Auggie the Torch.

Fubar

Reaction score
I am sure his people had him using all the tricks as they were the ones giving him the test. By the way is your Uncle Auggie out of prison yet?          Fubar

Sidekick

Reaction score
"So Where's Chandra Levy? "

Has anybody looked under the Chappaquiddick bridge ??

Sorry couldn't help it.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
The editor of the National Inquirer was on the radio today saying his best team can't find Chandra, and we all  know what kind of hyenas they are. He also said they are breaking a story that Condit is a "Sexual Predator" as they called it.

They are claiming Condit's felon brother is intimidating witnesses against Condit and that Condit has previous attacks against women in his past. One attack was on two 15 year olds. Now I know the Inquirer is a shady rag but they have to know if they libel him they will get the snot sued out of them.

The editor said he feels the body will never be found and that she was lured out of her condo by Condit or Condit helper, since he always made her leave her ID at home to help keep their meetings on the sly if caught.

There goes my theory of her hiding out I think.

jerry d

Reaction score
Heard on the telly today that the Minister claiming his daughter had a "relationship" with Condit has admitted he was not exactly "telling the truth".

What's that about, "Thou shalt not lie". Not even a Minister........

Latest Posts

Top Bottom