So who eats desert jackrabbits?

JustGuy

Banned
I remember, my first deer i prepared was soo bad, i even told myself :" i'll never hunt for deer again" but since a lot of meet left of this deer i had to cook it somehow.
With the trial came the knowledge. Now venison is my favorite.
Same with jacks or anything alce. You need to have good reciepies for them. They are delicious if you know how to cook them

dustin ray

Jack rabbit stew
1 jack rabbit
4 taters
4 carrots
1 onion
1 elk roast
simmer the elk onions carrots taters for 6hrs throw jack in the trash and enjoy

JustGuy

Banned
Jack rabbit stew
1 jack rabbit
4 taters
4 carrots
1 onion
1 elk roast
simmer the elk onions carrots taters for 6hrs throw jack in the trash and enjoy
ha-ha, funny, anything new for a change?
actually after 6 hours you need to throw your elk as well.

HunterAndy

Just went out to hunt some chukar on Sunday 10-23-16 and ended up killing 7 jacks and 1 cottontail with my pops and our friends son. Saw a few chukar and missed them all but my pops managed to get just 1. We just cooked up the jacks earlier for dinner and they were delicious. No parasites on them either. We kept the back straps, front legs and back legs, put them in brine for 24 hours, cut off the blood and spoiled parts of the meat from where the bird shot hit them and seasoned them with montreal seasoning, granulated garlic and a pinch of salt. Put them in a frying pan with butter, diced onions and at the very end before pulling the meat out we put a splash of red wine. Man-o-man that was good!

damstar

Jack rabbit is a hare any old world hare recipes that involve braising should be good. Google Hank Shaws Jack Rabbit stew.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Gr8bawana

A slow cooked jack might end up being tender but if the gameyness is like that of a rutty mule deer that nasty flavor will never go away. You can try to mask the taste with spices but if you chew on a piece of meat the nasty flavor still comes through.
Jacks do make good target practice with a pistol though.

Attachments

Top Bottom