SoCal fly fishing

wingshooter-kj

My recent trip to the Eastern Sierras inspired me to pick up a fly rod and learn how to use it. I could tell right away it's going to take a wile to figure it all out especially because I don't know anyone that fly fishes. But I'm off to a good start I landed my first trout on a fly rod yesterday, a wild SoCal German Brown out of the 3 rises I had I hooked two and landed one. The rod is a Redington crosswater 7'6" 4W I was using a #12 orange stimulator on 5X tippet. I'm hooked on fly fishing after landing this guy. Looking forward to figuring out this new to me way of catching trout.

View attachment 88223

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wingshooter-kj

Back at it again today. Some of the most difficult fishing I've done. No room to cast and if they spot you, it's game over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jls456

Good for you.. I have been trying to catch a Brown for a while. Last time I got one was about 1968 when they drained Littlerock Reservoir in Palmdale....I was about 15 years old. Now that place is pretty much history. I have a place near Hat Creek(Old Station) that I fish frequently. Last week I tried my Fly fishing skills at Baum Lake and also at Crater Lake. Keep at it and it will come naturally. I surprised myself how well you can do with a Fly Rod.. Just bought a Pontoon and am going up next week and see how I can do.
Keep at it!

k_rad

Look up Sierra Pacific Fly Fishers SPFF in the San Fernando valley. There are 250+ members that will show you everything you need to know about fly fishing. We have a fly fishing "garage sale" at Malibu lake on August 14th. Tons of gently used fly fishing gear, members donate to raise $ for our club. This was from last week in Eastern Sierra's

send from my stupid smart phone...

Top Bottom