SoCal guzzler GPS coordinates

songdog

Reaction score
I may be asking for the super secret no no info here but if J. Mathews is publishing a list, I thought I'd ask...

Does anyone have a list of the GPS coordinates for the numerous guzzlers in SoCal?

Pasco

Reaction score
When I saw that Matthews published that kind of data I started looking for a place I could sign up for a subscription.  How do I get his newsletter?  Better yet, as Songdog asks, is there a list floating around?

foulshot

Reaction score
You can contact Jim Matthews at ODwriter. $100 per year. He has told me and some buddies that we can go in on the letter togther.  He just wants all the names for his list of who is receiving the letter in case someone contacts him about the info.  That way he has a reference of who has paid for it. Three or four guys and it is well worth it.

Fubar

Reaction score
I am not sure but I think the DFG in Long Beach used to have a list of guzzlers. The office is now in Los Alamitos. I know Quail Unlimited chapters have a list as they keep the guzzlers in repair. You can check a chapter in your area and see if they might want to give the locations. It would probably help if you are a member. I know if you are a member you can go on the work parties and build and maintain them . Thats one way to learn where they are. Sometimes they get a key to an area that is normally closed during the season and have a guzzler repair and hunting combo day.            Fubar

foulshot

Reaction score
For San Diego QUs site is http://www.sdqu.org.  I have a buddy in San Diego chapter and they do frequent work on guzzlers in San Diego/Imperial.  I have talked to the guys at OC chapter at Fred Hall show and they do the same type of work.  I know they like guys to join, but if you volunteer to work I don't think that bothers them.

OC hunter

Reaction score
I belong to QU Orange County.  Much like this forum, it is a place to meet other hunters and exchange hunting ideas and share hunting spots.  By far, the best thing I ever did was to subscribe to Western Birds.  Think of it as paying someone to go out and scout locations for you.  How much would you spend in gas, time, etc. scouting a couple weekends before the opener?  $100 is a fair price.  Note on QU.... They get called all the time.  The first question is "Do you know any good spots to hunt?" or "What is the exact location of all the guzzlers?"  Like QU gives out this info. to anyone who dials the number!  Western Birds by Jim Mathews is your best bet. -OC Hunter

Advertisement

Top Bottom