Soldering

JoelM

Reaction score
I was soldering the wires on my camera and got a big glob of solder on it. I was trying to remove the wire and the solder to re do it. I got the wire off, nut in the process I pulled the trace loose. What is the best way to fix this??? Can it be glued down?
Should I just leave the trace alone and solder to the pin????

Thanks

bat

Reaction score
JoelM, there is a post in here somewhere on how to repair the trace.  You should repair it because it is controlling something on the camera.  It can be done but give a little more information, what kind of camera is it...AF, PF, etc., which trace is it, at what point is the trace pulled loose, etc., so the right person can pick up on helping you.  I've never had to repair one but some of these guys are "really good" at helping you.  bat

JoelM

Reaction score
MCinIl,

Thanks for the direction. It sounds like it maybe just the thing I am looking for.
I had done a search but didn't find that one.

This is just a suggestion...Lets all write canon and tell them to use a bigger cuircut board!!:tongue-green:

shrtcirkt

Reaction score
Joel,
I bumped that other post back up to the top, and added a few comments.

JoelM

Reaction score
shrtcirkt.....do you have more pictures of this I can see.  I read it then I need to see it....very visual when it comes to this stuff.

Thanks Again.

shrtcirkt

Reaction score
Joel,
I'll be wiring up a camera tonight or tomorrow, I'll take some pics while I have a cam apart and post them.

JoelM

Reaction score
shrtcirkt...

I will keep an eye out for your pictures. Man you weren't kidding when you said those holes are small. I am sure going to look for one of those lighted magnifing lenses. I about went blind looking at them last night.

Thanks

Joel

Top Bottom