Solid foam

troll

Reaction score
I've been using air conditioner foam insulation for my camera case.  It works OK, but I need to use three strips of the stuff to completely fill my case.  Anyone have any ideas where I can find a similar foam but in a bigger size, say 6"x6"x2"?

Possum

Reaction score
For filling the case I use a sponge from the dollar store.  I also get batteries to test with from there also.  2 9v 's or 4 AA's for a $1 isn't bad.

StringShooter

Reaction score
The sponge idea sounds great. On my first camera, I used the foam noodle that they handed out at the Rams Football game.
You just have to be creative at times.

Arrowhead

Reaction score
Anyone you know work at a computer store. Usually when shipped they are packed in a nice piece of foam. I've made archery targets, seat cushions, and also used it for inside my cam.

The other thing I learned is you can cut the foam to perfect size using a band saw.

Good Luck.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
The foam I use is like your couch cushions, it's soft

use an electric (fillet) knife to cut it,  you can sculp what ever you want with one of those electric knifes, it slices that foam great.  I make the holes a little smaller for the cam, etc so it "wedges" or sticks in the foam

hommer

Reaction score
I bought a peice of foam from Wal-mart fabric department that is about 24"x24"x2" for about $2.00 works great , I've done 6 or 8 cameras and still have some left over.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom