• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

Some Fun Reading

FTTPOW

A good read, I needed that. Ahhh, the good old days. Phhhhit-poof, no eyebrows.

I never messed with blackpowder in my formative years, but dynamite is a whole new story, best left alone.

Back in those days it was not hard to purchase the required items, the attitude generally being if some kid blew himself up that was his problem. We believed and practiced the code of personal responsibility in those days. If you blew up something that belonged to someone else ( or blew up someone else) then they would come and get you. Other than that you were usually left alone. If you suffered from a mistake, it was hoped that you learned from it and did not repeat it.

I wish thoughts were still like this. I really don't like the current understanding that we need to protect people from themselves, and the consequences of their actions. Let us screw up, learn and pay the price. What better way to learn....

flingem71

Back in those days it was not hard to purchase the required items, the attitude generally being if some kid blew himself up that was his problem. We believed and practiced the code of personal responsibility in those days. If you blew up something that belonged to someone else ( or blew up someone else) then they would come and get you. Other than that you were usually left alone. If you suffered from a mistake, it was hoped that you learned from it and did not repeat it.

I wish thoughts were still like this. I really don't like the current understanding that we need to protect people from themselves, and the consequences of their actions. Let us screw up, learn and pay the price. What better way to learn....
Well said!

DISCLAIMER: some of the things I say may be unfiltered, offensive, or even complete B.S.

inchr48

I loved that part. Like the author, I still have all my body parts. We blew lots of stuff up with "M-80's". Some near misses from shrapnel, and my hearing is pretty bad nowadays.

Top Bottom