Some Pictures from our Sierra Trip

Eric Mayer

Reaction score
Hey all.  Here are some pictures I took while up in the Eastern Sierras a couple of weeks ago.  I hope you like!

This is a shot of the backside of Bodie.  I am so tired of the standard Bodie shots so I spent most of my time shooting the non-recognizable Bodie, as well as other shots that I could eventually convert to infrared.  

Lots of storms and lots of rain.  They really need it up there.  It made for nice, cool, weather and kept the dust down.  We missed a huge hail storm in Mammoth one day, but caught some cool single and double rainbows while scouting around.  This one was a rush shot in some hard rain.  The upper-right corner is a little blown-out for my taste, but I like it none-the-less.

That evening:

Ah, the season's almost here, can you feel it?

These and Belding Ground Squirrels are everywhere around Convict Lake.  They make for great targe... er, subjects.  

You've all seen these.  The light was a bit harsh, but we got heldup and could not make it there any earlier.

This last one is a panorama shot so it is big.  It is a shot of Deep Springs Valley in the midst of a huge thunderstorm.  Lightening, rain and strong winds (as you can see) made for a thrilling drive up to the Bristlecone Pines on the other side of the valley (we came in via the Nevada side).

Hope you liked them!

Eric A. Mayer

Bowfever

Reaction score
WOW...   Great pics thanks for sharing

Bowfever

Ironwood

Reaction score
Yes they are great shots!  Very crisp and clean.  I really like the ground squirrel.  I can tell you know how to use a camera.  The pine tree in the rainbow shot sure brings out the depth of the shot.  

BuckSnort

Reaction score
Awesome photo's!!

What kind of camera were you using? I really like the Easten side of the Sierra's...It changes from sage to aspins to timberline so fast.Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Eric Mayer

Reaction score
Hey Bucksnort.

I have a Canon D30 Digital SLR camera.  Thanks for the compliments guys!

Eric

Orso

Reaction score
Really great shots... I have always enjoyed Bodie, and your picture is awesome.  Great colors.  Did you do any scouting for your up coming hunt?

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Excellent shots Eric. Bodie is one of my favorite spots also.

Kickaha

Reaction score
Very good shots Eric.  I've been stuck behind a computer desk since the end of April (either at home or at work).  You have NO idea how much this motivates me to finish my current projects and take a vacation!  Thanks for sharing!

foulshot

Reaction score
Eric, very cool shots. I noticed that some of the pics say anderson artistry, do you do the photos professionally. What type of software do you use for your photo editing?

Advertisement

Top Bottom