son is on the list for raahauges jr hnt

paulc

Reaction score
first thing i am not a duck hunter... i have done my share of jump hunting but no blind hunting. last 15 years it has been big game.

my son is on the list for rauhagges for jan 26th.. the guy on the phone was not overly helpful.. he told us to be there at 5:00.. i asked him what to bring he said chest waders. i asked if anything else he said decoys and a call if i want.. i dont have any decoys..

first question is .. how many decoys will i need and where can i get them quick and cheap..

2nd.. does anyone know anything about prado basin hunts.. should we be optimistic or is it slow.. what kind of birds..

lastly, is there anything else i should bring..

d trees

Reaction score
Paulc answer to your first question, If you would like to meet me somewhere I would gadly loan you some dekes so you dont have to buy them at the last minute I live in long beach.

secondly you will definitely need chest waders there ponds are deeeep the best area is down in the bottom near the river and tree line try to stay away from the upper area near the trap and skeet range, as far as optimism goes its gotta be good you and your son on a duck hunt at the end of january.d

(Edited by d trees at 9:52 am on Jan. 13, 2002)

paulc

Reaction score
dtrees, thanks for the offer... how many decoys do you think i need and how much do they cost..
thanks

d trees

Reaction score
you could prolly get away with a half dozen or dozen a geuss would be 25-30 bucks at most turners might have a sale this time of year,d

Spec

Reaction score
Call back and ask to talk to Mike Raahauges tell him Ray Prothero told you to ask him for more information about the Jr hunt and tell him you don't have decoys or calls but would like for your Jr hunter to have a chance for some birds and see if Mike will help you just a chance mike and I went to school together !!

paulc

Reaction score
thanks everyone.. for that price i can buy some decoys and can give them to whoever needs them when i am done.

Ray, thanks for the offer. i will call and ask them if it is not a problem.. before i do can i ask you for the correct pronunciation of your name.  i assume it is proe-ther-oe..
thanks

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom