SON OF HOGZILLA!!

hatchet1

Banned
Reaction score
gents, i will get to the story tommorow, my promise has always been not to string you guys
out like some of the other dudes
money shots first, story later.. hold on to
yourselfs
i know it did not go down on man thursday, but i think he was worth the BLOOD,
SWEAT, AND POISON OAK!!! ENJOY

Attachments

BelchFire

I speak fluent Vise-Grip
Admin
Reaction score
Daaaaaayum, hatchet! That's a STUD hawg!

Hoooooooo-YA!

quicksot

Reaction score
DUDE THATS THE MONSTOR BOAR FROM CB CANYON HES USUALY ONLY SEEN AT NIGHT I HAVE BEEN HUNTING THAT HOG FOR 2 YEARS AND YOU SHOT HIM THANKS ALOT DUDE. ABSOLUTE MONSTOR. P.S. I BETTER NOTIFY CAMP HOST OF THE MONSTORS DEATH HE WONT BE MAKING IT TO DINNER TO NIGHT.

Bulleye

Reaction score
WOW! Congrats on a fine hog. Let me know if you need help packing one of those out one day :) You sure have been slaying them.

kelly106

Reaction score
Wow, you keep smackin those hogs, must be nice, congrats again!

oneshothunter

Reaction score
very nice wow thats kool .. one day i will take a nice hog like that ..

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Dang, Hatchet! That one tops all the rest by a good shot!

What a HAWG!

Any chance you got that sucker on a scale?

Duknutz

Reaction score
DAMN HATCH!,
That is a friggin monster!Way to go....You should of taken a picture of the "Catchers Mitt" on the back of that sucker!Congrats again...hope the truck wasn't too far away!!!

Cold1nhand

Reaction score
I can't wait to hear the story behind this beast I am with Duknutz, hope the truck wasn't far away and I hope it was down hill!

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
supper awesome Hachet! when a wild pig is that big can they still move pretty fast or do they just mill around more? what a pig!...........................tra

hatchet1

Banned
Reaction score
thanks guys
true monster for sure,25 years of hog hunting and every now and then
a blind squirrel finds an acorn
this hog will go in to the top 5 of my personal bests.
heres the deal,the wife was on buisness all week, she got home late thursday"hence,no man thursday"
i had all 4 jackals all week, "mr.mom"needless to say, i was ready to go ! hit the road at 2:30am,
get to ranch at 5:30am, get to my look out spot, glass tell 9am ,no hogs, only turkeys gobblin.
tell my self, "i will kill a hog today"strap the wolf pack on, and start the cardio workout, up the mountain
to one of my favorite miday spots"the hog hacienda"is what i call it,it is in the nastiest,thickist,
poison old filled canyon out there!this spot produces about 50% of the time when i hit it.
i dont hit it to often as this is there safe ground and once you blow um out of there it will take a few weeks for them to come back.by this time it is in the 80,s i know these hogs will be fast asleep, trick is gettin close enough to see um
before they blow out.as i get to the place where i will start pickin my way to threw the canyon,i notice fresh
scat with flys attached, large diameter turds at that! i start to smell the rank smell of the nasty sour boar.
for those that have smelt this ,it only means one thing,big boar nearby!!the scope is on 3 power, i have to crawl abit
to get to an opening ,as i am doing so,it happens!! the big bastard busts out and stops in the thick stuff
woffing the whole time, now in my experience, the biggest boars will stop and hold there ground,until
they fiqure out what you are. and that is what this dude did, i was 10 yds from a blob of hog woofing at me
"woofing is what i call the sound they make when there trying to wind you and make some noise to get "you"to move
smart dudes they are. i take another step,he has had it at this point and starts his accent down hell canyon,
i still have no shot! i look ahead and see a small opening about 50 yds out ,as soon as he hits it ,i yell,
HEY!! he stops"like a jack ass'. the crooshairs find him, at the report of the rifle ,there was know reaction, he keeps going!
great here we go ,pig tunnel crawling time ! my favorite!!all is silent in the thick stuff, to silent

i get down to where i last had visual, and of course no blood, there hardly ever is on the big boars as there
plate seals on both sides if you get a pass threw. im thinkin wtf, did i miss? at this point the god awful smell
starts becoming more apparent, i crawl abit more, and DAMN, there he is at 5ft chompin his cutters`about the
time i try to raise the rifle, here he comes , i try to stand up but the manzinita is so thick it hooks my back
i have no option, i stick the rifle out in front of me and "bang stick him at a few feet" his momentum takes him
threw me and he hooks the sling on my rifle taking my forearm with him and leaving a nice 3inch laceration to my
to my forearm.the cutters on this dude were apparently pretty sharp! hog is dead and im in hell canyon 1 mile from my quad.
damm i love pig hunting!after coming to my senses and letting the heart rate get down abit , i start the assesment.
its not good, the arm is o.k., but the reality of gettin this guy out is not looking good, im thinkin, why cant my 3 boys be
about 16 so i can put um to work!!the fact is im going to have to go old school with this guy, take lots of pictures and
start boning him out and packin 3 trips to the quad!! aw the joy
after the fun for the morning
i reflect on why we do what we do , because this is america and we can!!after a quick trip to urgent care on the way home for
a tetnus shot,i have a few cold ones at the house and tell the story to the kids, man i cant wait tell they are old enough
**side note,for those that dont hunt during mid day, give it a try ,some of the best hogs are takin during this
time as most people are back at camp sleppin it off. until next time

Attachments

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Now that right there is a hog huntin' tale!

Down and dirty and "bang-sticking" at a range of feet or inches... none of this 400yard stuff for the hero of this story!

Seriously though, brother, that there is one whopper of a hog, and to engage in the tunnels like that... well, I'm glad to hear it's just a flesh wound.

Just curious, was that boar intact? That big, fat body looks like he might've been cut.

Top Bottom