sons first duck hunt was a success

paulc

Reaction score
kid creole and whitey1 made a generous offer to any kids interested in duck hunting on the jr. hunt day.. my son josh took them up on it and had a great time.  they volunteered their time, gear and know how. they now have a converted duck hunter... my son shot 14-16 shots and finally connected with a cinnamon teal late in the day.. josh is already talking about resi cards, buying dekes, calls and washing the dust off my canoe so we can go next year... we had a great day giving josh a hard time everytime he missed a shot..
i love big game hunting but i got a feeling i will be doing alot of duck hunting with my sons and daughter in the future....
stephan and stewart are hardcore duck hunters and this was just the type of experience i wanted josh to have... we saw tons of ducks and if he was quicker and could cycle that 2nd shell he would have shot 2 boxes easy.
stephan by the way josh stayed awake for about 45 minutes.. he was to pumped to fall asleep.. now he wants a black lab..
also the dfg was excellent... they gave away book marks, pics of kids with their ducks, calender, bbq, donuts and cocoa in the morning.. it was a great day.. even though my waders were leaking and i was freezing my b***  off...
regardless of what anyone says stewart and stephan were great guys and alot of fun to hunt with..
sincerest thanks

KID CREOLE

Reaction score
paul,

The pleasure was ours, Stuart and I have spent close to 500 days in the field so we've been there and done that so we'll get you and Josh up to speed a little quicker.  I really enjoy seeing the excitement on a young persons face when they get that first big fish or nice duck.  We both had a good time!

Stefan

ps: Thanks for the game.

Triggerfinger

Reaction score
Paul:

I'm surprised that you and your son were able to put up with both Stef and Stuart at the same time -- I thought only Billy (aka Wingsetter) and I were able to withstand the abuse..... LOL

Glad to hear, all things considered, it worked out for Josh.  Extend my welcome to him in our somewhat twisted world of waterfowling -- why else would grown men pay to be subjected to that kind of abuse?  It's a sickness, and I can't wait for it to all start again in October.

later.

BirdHunter13

Reaction score
Hey dad you beat me to posting it..... once again thanks stewart and stefan i had a lot of fun.... i cant wait till next year when me and my dad go out again... this time prepared for the weather... i am totally looking forward to next season.. thanks again stefan and stewart

JoshC

WingSetter

Reaction score
I'm surprised that you and your son were able to put up with both Stef and Stuart at the same time -- I thought only Billy (aka Wingsetter) and I were able to withstand the abuse..... LOL

Amen to that TriggerFinger!!!!!!

KID CREOLE

Reaction score
Damn Gina,

Wingsetter do you dare take on Whitey1 in Missouri next month!

WingSetter

Reaction score
Only if you dare take on a Quail hunt in you know where.

KID CREOLE

Reaction score
Josh,

Tell mom and dad you need a 20 gauge Remington 1100 Magnum Lt. youth model with Rem Chokes.  With some 3" 20 ga 2's or 4's the Redheads will be all yours!  

Stefan

Whitey1

Reaction score
Josh,
      Don't worry it will all come in time just keep shooting and remember one thing RES. CARDS!

Whitey

Top Bottom