Sony battery charge

goatman

Reaction score
I have a Sony digital 8 camera. Can I get a charger for the battery to charge off a 12volt truck system? Not going to have AC where I'm going.

Kickaha

Reaction score
Don't know about that specific battery.  Might want to check Sony's web site.  You can always get an inverter for your truck and plug the regular charger into that.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
hello Goatman,

I have a Sony camcorder too and looked at getting the 12 vdc battery charger. I about choked on the price. Since I already had an 12 vdc inverter I just use that with the AC charger cord that came with my camcorder. Plus I Can use it to power other 120 vac stuff I have. You can get 12vdc inverters at WalMart for about $30.00. The Sony 12 vdc charger was $60.00 if I remember right.

Bowkill67

Reaction score
For about $40 you can get a universal lit-ion battery charger,that works on ac/dc,they have them at Best Buy.

SoCalTed

Reaction score
I take my sony digital camera and camcorder everywhere we go. I purchased a 20w inverter from Circuit City. Costco carries them now too.

it cost around $20. It plugs into the cigarette lighter and has 2 110v (regular wall-type) outputs.

I usually recharge my batteries while on the road, as well as overnight. I can also run my laptop off of it. I would also recommend looking into a "AA battery pack" for the sony video camera. Not sure if the new Digi-Cams have them, but the older 8mm do. It is a "battery pack" that takes AA batteries. Great for getting that extra 10 minutes to 1 hour of video when you don't have an extra rechargeable battery.

-T

Latest Posts

Top Bottom