Sony P32, PixController, Universal and 1060

Ocmulgee Ogre

Reaction score
Here's a link to one of four cams I've completed using the Sony P32, PixController Universal Board housed in a Pelican 1060. I am using AEH's P32 flash gasket with velcro straps to secure the camera.

I didn't use an on/off switch to the board since it's one more hole to drill/weather-proof plus it saves a little time and money. When I want to work on it, I just open the door and remove a battery.

I used a 3-wire servo connector which is soldered directly to the camera port on the board. Hole#1 is for the shutter (white wire), Hole#3 is for power on/off (red wire) and Hole# 7 is for the common (blue wire).

I used shrink wrap tubing on the servo wires and battery lead wires.

My 3D camo is Liquid Nails. I formed a rain hood right into the camo by using the Liquid Nails. I applied a heavy half circle of it over the top half of the UV filter lense. I let is set for about 15 minutes and then began to form the hood. Over the next hour or so, I would go back and continue to form the hood. Once dry, it forms a great rain hood integrated right into the camo.

Sony P32 with Pix Universal

Tomo

Reaction score
Says we're not the owner of the album. I don't think you can cut and paste the link while you are logged because you are the owner. Log out and then post the link. Hurry because I want to see it!!

Tomo

Tomo

Reaction score
What does the connector end of the servo connect to?

Thanks,
Tomo

PaPaBob

Reaction score
OO: Great looking setup. This is scriverb from that other site. I asked for the webshots link to be fixed there and found it working okay here. I like your setup and the camo job. Also, I like the lens shield that is built into the camo. Keep sthe rain off the glass.

Am waiting for my Uni Boards to come in and will be working on them soon. Will post pics of my new setup when I get it done. Had been thinking about mounting the board and batteries in the back of the case rather than on the lid as I posted before. Still not sure what I want to do.

Here is a camo D-380 setup that I used a similar camo job on a 1060.

Attachments

Ocmulgee Ogre

Reaction score
MIB,
Thanks for the assist on the link.

Tomo,
The other end of the servo connector attaches to the female end of the connector attached to the bottom of the camera on the right side. The female end of the connector is wired to the shutter, on/off and common points of the cam.

OhioBowHunter

Reaction score
OcM O...Real nice job on the cameras, They look real nice. The rain hood does help. I did a few like that as well... Nice job on the camo effect

Dan

Outhouse

Reaction score
OO,
Nice job!!

How well does the liquid nails stick to the case?

I tried hot glue(with scuffing up the surface) on my first trailcam which did not work out so good. I'm looking for better ideas.

jayber

Reaction score
Good lookin' cam! However,

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
I didn't use an on/off switch to the board since it's one more hole to drill/weather-proof......[/b]
why does a switch have to be accessible to the outside?

Outhouse

Reaction score
OO,
I just went to Home Depot, there's like 5 different kinds of liquid nails. What kind do you use for the 3D?

I will be building a similar setup as yours except with the SE120 case. I want to mount everything to the door.

Are you drilling holes in the cover for the PIR, battery holder, and for the camera velcro?

Also, on the flash gasket, is that glued down at all?

Thanks!

Ocmulgee Ogre

Reaction score
Outhouse,
I usually sand the case lightly before applying the Liquid Nails to the case. Once dry, I haven't been able to peel it off like you can sometimes do with hot glue.

There are different types of Liquid Nails. I use the PROJECTS type.

For holes, I drill the PIR and standoff holes for the Pix board. Plue the cam holes. I attach the battery holder and velcro with #4 screws in holes that are not drilled through case. I just drill a starter hole and screw them in. They will protrude slightly but I use Goop to seal. When you overlay the Liquid Nails on top, it'll be waterproof. You'll also notice on the velcro that I use a #6 flat washer so the velcro is not pulled off the screws.

The flash gasket is not glued. I did some of my D-380 setups with glued flash gaskets and find it difficult to clean the UV filter when you need to. The width of the 1060 provides a good fit for AEH's flash gaskets and the velcro secures everything nicely.

Jayber,
I never thought of a switch inside the case. If pulling a battery becomes a pain in the butt, I'll put a switch inside the case. Thanks for the tip.

bat

Reaction score
Ogre good work on the cam, that is another beauty.

bat

Top Bottom