Sony P52, flex cable problems & question

Tomo

Reaction score
I received my board from Pixcontroller last night and immediately took my P52 apart to wire.

Question...if I am only going to solder wires to two of the flex cable connectors why are four flex cable connectors exposed?

The reason I ask is that the camera is not working like it's supposed to and I've adjusted this thing for about two hours now.

OhioBowHunter

Reaction score
Tomo,

The flex cable is cut from a spool to a desired size in this case for our game cams.. its a 4 conductor cable, and 3 of which are used.

1 for each of the following Power, shutter, and common. the cable slides under the cams existing cable all the way to the right side if facing the camera with it open and you facing the connector. they need to align perfectly or you will short across the connections and cause erratic operation or no operation at all.

KANSASBUCKHUNTER

Reaction score
I have cut the extra ones off and just used the two which are needed for the P32, and P41 setups. They are a bugger to sandwich into the connection and keep them from touching otherwise. I am going to do two tonight, I will try to remember to post some pictures of it.

OhioBowHunter

Reaction score
2... what am I missing?

they require 3 wires? power, common and shutter...

Were atlking about the shutter assembly or no?

harleydavidone

Reaction score
Some use a seperate common OBH, I have seen pictures somewhere??? the complete 3 wire method works well for me so I did not pay attention to it. It is harder using the ribbon alone but is way easy with Jeff's S.A.

OhioBowHunter

Reaction score
I see... thanks for clearing that up. there getting a common from elsewhere. Ok I understand...

Thanks Harley

Tomo

Reaction score
Dan,

My flex cable has six conductors, four of which are exposed. Since I'm only using two (common soldered to the USB port housing) why are four exposed? Alignment is the only thing I can think of.

Didn't matter, my soldering technique melted them all together anyway so I had to re-cut and strip.

Tomo

Tomo

Reaction score
"It is harder using the ribbon alone but is way easy with Jeff's S.A."

What is Jeff's S.A.?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom