Sony S600 - E:61:00

hunteverything

Reaction score
Does anybody have a spare S600 lens assembly that they are williing to part with for $?

I am in the process of bringing back an S600 from the dead and I keep getting E:61:00 error. I have heard about the "whack" tactic to fix the problem but I am not sure that it is a complete fix and I am trying to get to the root of the problem and fix it. Need another lens assembly to verify some stuff.

PaPaBob

Reaction score
Now is not the time to question or to investigate. . . . LOL LOL . . . many S600's have been fixed with the "wack" technique. . .

You see this camera focuses thru the lens in congunction with the CCD. Somehow the upper or lower range of the lens movement has been passed by the lens assembly and when you turn the camera on it is sending a signal too low or too high to the processor. . . . So, you need to physically move the lens assembly internal thru this "wack" technique. I have done this many times and taken broken S600's and turned them into picture taking fools . . . . LOL

Just give it a try and you will be pleased with the results. Do not be timid.

Willy4003

Reaction score
Yup, beat that thing like a stubborn mule!
Have repaired a few myself this way.

hunteverything

Reaction score
PapaBob,

I performed the whack and it kind of worked! The error message disappeared but when I go to take a pic all the lights that would normally light up go but it just powers down instead of taking a pic. Seen this before?

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom