Southern CA. public land Thunder Chicken

Wild1

Reaction score
Saw, and heard, a ton of gobblers while deer hunting a week ago. Came back the following week with an upland stamp and almost pulled the trigger on a large hen at first light. Couldn't find any deer so I set out one deke and called this Tom in to 15 yards. No blind, run n gun style. Anchored him with a perfect shot!

22lbs.

Attachments

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
Wtg go with a bow whacking out a pl gobbler Wild1! 22 lbr hell of a bird, thnx 4 sharing! Nice pics!.. tra

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

cjack

Reaction score
NICE BIRD Wild1! Got my thoughts looking toward the spring season already. Congratulations!

Wild1

Reaction score
Thanks fellas!! These birds have always been my nemesis! Spurs were 1.25" and beard was 10"

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
Got to be down towars San Diego, very nice bird and with a bow, excellent calling required. Very good Hunting !

TheGDog

Reaction score
Damn... where do we sign up to become Wild1 Disciples?

Stevehazard

Reaction score
Nice. I like how you got his head on the rock for the pic too.

Portuguese Pointer

Reaction score
Outstanding! Great post and pics as always. Odd, but I haven’t seen one turkey during the quail/deer season this year D16. Great harvest for you.

Wild1

Reaction score
Steve, glad you noticed that, I thought it was a nice touch - the rock just happened to be there! The only thing I should have done was clean off the gobbler's face and neck - the color was a lot better, but he recently took a dirt nap (if you know what I mean).

P. Pointer, I just happened to be in the right place, at the right time, but where I was the woods were loaded with 'em. Incidentally, my hunting partner killed (rifle) an absolute stud 4x4 deer this year in D16.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom