• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

Southern CA. public land Thunder Chicken

Wild1

Saw, and heard, a ton of gobblers while deer hunting a week ago. Came back the following week with an upland stamp and almost pulled the trigger on a large hen at first light. Couldn't find any deer so I set out one deke and called this Tom in to 15 yards. No blind, run n gun style. Anchored him with a perfect shot!

22lbs.

Attachments

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Wtg go with a bow whacking out a pl gobbler Wild1! 22 lbr hell of a bird, thnx 4 sharing! Nice pics!.. tra

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

cjack

NICE BIRD Wild1! Got my thoughts looking toward the spring season already. Congratulations!

Wild1

Thanks fellas!! These birds have always been my nemesis! Spurs were 1.25" and beard was 10"

OPAH

Got to be down towars San Diego, very nice bird and with a bow, excellent calling required. Very good Hunting !

Portuguese Pointer

Outstanding! Great post and pics as always. Odd, but I haven’t seen one turkey during the quail/deer season this year D16. Great harvest for you.

Wild1

Steve, glad you noticed that, I thought it was a nice touch - the rock just happened to be there! The only thing I should have done was clean off the gobbler's face and neck - the color was a lot better, but he recently took a dirt nap (if you know what I mean).

P. Pointer, I just happened to be in the right place, at the right time, but where I was the woods were loaded with 'em. Incidentally, my hunting partner killed (rifle) an absolute stud 4x4 deer this year in D16.

Top Bottom