Southern California Crow Hunting?? Public or Private land management???

HunterAndy

Reaction score
Any one know any good public areas in SoCal for crow hunting? Or, if you know of any one with private land who has a crow problem and wants some extermination?​

DirtyDave

Banned
Reaction score
If you find a spot let me know.... 2 guns are better than 1...

Pumpa

Reaction score
what do you guys do with the crows after you get them down???

DirtyDave

Banned
Reaction score
I shot 2 last year and ate them. Pretty good, kinda in between Dove and Duck.
Havent had the time to get out after them this year though.
You can always take them to the post office though....

HunterAndy

Reaction score
www.crowbusters.com

Awesome website for crow hunters but based mianly on the east coast. They have some amazing info on crows and some good recipies. Although I have never shot a crow and I am dying to experience the hunt. Just don't know where to go since I live in Los Angeles...

Pumpa

Reaction score
what why the post office?? you jst drop them off???

DirtyDave

Banned
Reaction score
(c) No person shall kill or cripple a crow pursuant to this section without making a reasonable effort to retrieve the bird, and retain it in their actual custody at the place where taken or between that place and either: (1) their automobile or principal means of land transportation; or (2) their personal abode or temporary or transient place of lodging; or (3) a migratory bird preservation facility; or (4) a post office; or (5) a common carrier facility.

leftyhunter

Reaction score
Private land acess is where you find it. It takes a lot of asking and some luck. I have been sworn to secrecy on the only public land that I have ever hunted. Look for public land where you can at least see crows and then set up your decoys and caller and see if they come in . To me crows taste like beef. I just put the breasts in cool water for 8 hours or so in a salt solution to get the blood out. Then I cook them in a sauce pan for 10 minutes on each side in worchester sauce althouh Jamacian bbq sauce works.

Good luck
Leftyhunter

rude robert

Reaction score
Crows eat trash are you not concerned with getting some kind of sickness or something?

k_rad

Reaction score
On HWY 33 just a couple miles south of the 166 there is a roadside family restuarant /store that farms and sells pistacios. The guy who is usually in the store Josh is his name I think. Has invited me and anyone who would like to come and kill all the crows that flock to their trees to "come get em" Just go ask. I think Dirty Dave that I pointed it out to you when we were quail hunting.

leftyhunter

Reaction score
Hi Krad,
Drop me a PM I have a lot of crow hunting equipment. Rude Robert I eat crows in AG areas not from urban areas . I have eaten dozens and so far so good. People have been eating crows for a long time so far so good.

Leftyhunter

DirtyDave

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah Kevin, we need to get out there to that spot and drop some crows before the season ends

TonyS

Reaction score
I wanna go!! Call me you guys

From DFG's Upland Game Summary:

American CrowAllDec 4 - April 6 24 48

Last edited:

leftyhunter

Reaction score
Hi Tony,
If you or other hunters have acess to public or private land that has crows and it is legal to fire a shotgun let me know for I have the basic equipment ( decoys and callers). I have access to private land but the crows got leary after watching their friends go to crow valhalla.

Leftyhunter

asaxon

Reaction score
Crows for dinner in Santa Monica, krad, I thought of you!

Today I dropped three crows from the back porch protecting my wife garden and fruit trees. Unfortunately, one landed in the neighbors yard (across the alley) somewhere. They have a high back fence so I couldn't recover that one but the other two are cleaned (breasts removed) and in the freezer. I did it with my wife's Benjamin marauder .17 airgun on about 15fp of pressure - has a nice 3-9 scope and is very very quiet and accurate out to 50 yards (at least, I haven't pushed it further).

Crow 1.jpg

asaxon

Reaction score
People's Republic of Santa Monica

I hear you! Fortunately, I've lived here a long time and the neighbors have all come to know us. We have a 25 foot Farallon dive boat in the driveway - you can see where the name Moby Van came from. I also have a hive of bee's in my back yard as well. And then there are a host of marine bouys hanging in the front tree. But that is another story....

DSCN0320.jpgDSCN0319.jpg

Top Bottom