Southern California Pacific hybrid sets and sheds 2011

Aught-SixGuy

I like to do So Cal shed hunts. I live in D-17 and hunt both D-17 and D-14. Found a nice big 5 point Muley Shed near Big Bear about 20 years back. I got sheds from California and Utah, and a nice 4x3 deadhead Muley from Colorado. Ever shed hunt D-14?

GTEAM1

I've only gone shed hunting once with my pops and that when we found those sheds in the pics, Is there big bucks in D-14?

There are, but hey live in the deepest, nastiest canyons. Most guys can't or won't go in after them.
love shed hunting so much i will go anywhere to pick one up. my friends and family think im nuts. i was with my cousin in colorado one time elk hunting .well, i spotted an elk shed across a canyon while glassing .hunting was slow, so i told my cousin to stay there and i was going to hike over and get the shed hopefully spoking something out of the canyon below, giving him a shot.so about half hour later i got to where i though the shed was,couldnt find it so i put an extra hunting vest in a tree for a marker,hiked all the way back to find i was two feet away the whole time.so low and behold, i hiked my ass all the way back to get a little 5 point elk shed .but it was a story and a trophy by my standards.

Moonshine

Here's a Mule deer shed I found in D14 earlier this year, It's alot bigger than it looks

Last edited:

Moonshine

Where did you find that? I'm trying to find sheds in D-14.
They're very hard to come by in D14, I just go on really long hikes were most won't go. I've only found 2 sheads in D14 over the last 7 years. The other one I found was a small fork over in the silverwood area. I think the coyotes and bear eat them after they get dropped, they can smell sheds from a long ways away.

Aught-SixGuy

I found one in D-14 about 20 years ago when I was a kid, and then that deadhead last week. A buddy of mine said he found a few near Catus Flats. So gonna go check that out his spring, and D-17 has turned up a few sheds for a buddy of mine so planning on checking there too. I've grown quite fond of shed hunting over this last year and hope to get to Utah and Colorado next spring/summer to try and find some elk sheds.

Moonshine

Yea, in Ut and CO they find tons of sheds every year......and you know why??? Because they actually have deer! I'm headed out to Ut on the 17th of Oct. for a muley rifle hunt. I always keep my eye's open for sheds.

fossilman

Great pics of your shedds........................I found tons of shedds in North Dakota and Montana while I lived in both states..
Been hunting shedds for over 25 years..Living in Oregon now,but it seems everyone here is hush hush about hunting and shed hunting!!! I've bought rifles,pistols and other toys from the shedds I've found...
Sold some to craftsman too and a few collectors...
Keep shedding............

Jennn

Hello I am in la crescenta CA for a week next to Angeles crest. I love in AZ and look out there. Could you give me any advice on where to look around Angeles crest? Thanks!

Top Bottom