Sow & a few pigs

Gus

Reaction score
This past weekend while out turkey hunting Saturday afternoon, some pigs came to wallow in a little mud hole I was sitting by, one of them didn't get to leave with her buddies after the shotgun got to talk

Then Sunday afternoon I took along the AR with the shotgun in case the pigs came back, well they did along with momma, and the AR got to talk to them

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
mucho pork carnitas! oh yeh! thanks for sharing, congrats on the piggi population control
........tra

snoopdogg

Reaction score
Love the way you put it--"and the AR got to talk to them". Nice!

superduty

Reaction score
Gus, how do you cook those young ones and how do they taste? Congrats on the piggies.

Gus

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (z71stealth @ Apr 30 2008, 11:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Dang man, good work! What caliber AR you shootin'? .308?[/b]
Bushmaster Predator .223

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (superduty @ May 1 2008, 11:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Gus, how do you cook those young ones and how do they taste? Congrats on the piggies.[/b]
Usually put them on the grill whole and let them smoke. The smaller they are the more tender they are, they all taste great to me. And I have lots of pork running around my place, so we are never short of pork in the freezer.

Huntr Pat

Reaction score
Nice!!! Texas has hogs,javelina and whitetails in everyones back yard!!

Cold1nhand

Reaction score
Looks like a nice trip! Are you headed back out this weekend?

Gus

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cold1nhand @ May 2 2008, 12:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Looks like a nice trip! Are you headed back out this weekend?[/b]
I will be back out this weekend, still have a few turkey tags left, but if the hogs happen to show up I guess I will just get a couple more of them

Gus

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cold1nhand @ May 2 2008, 03:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yeah never hurts to carry a few pig tags on ya. Good luck![/b]
No pig tags here in Texas, just shoot as many as you can and have fun while doing it. Going to move a couple of traps around this wkend also, maybe I can trap a few also.

hatchet1

Banned
Reaction score
god i love texas!! shoot um 24 /7. bullets, arrows, knifes, rocks ,trucks you name it, you can do it!
you ever do any shinning for um at night?i would think with the corning that might be a good time!
or do they get use to it and stay brushed up?strong work gus

Gus

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hatchet1 @ May 3 2008, 12:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
god i love texas!! shoot um 24 /7. bullets, arrows, knifes, rocks ,trucks you name it, you can do it!
you ever do any shinning for um at night?i would think with the corning that might be a good time!
or do they get use to it and stay brushed up?strong work gus
[/b]
We do a little spotlighting for them, also go out on a full moon night and sit and wait one them. The scope I have on my AR, there is no need for extra light with a bright moon. I also have traps that I set, but haven't had much luck trapping lately. Even go after them with dogs, now that is a blast. All we take with us is ropes and we tie them up and go back later and pick them up with the 4 wheelers.

Advertisement

Top Bottom