SPOOKED DEER

woodseye

Reaction score
Whats the ideas out there on deer that just spook,often before the cam even flashes? I agree with the member who said a certain small percentage of deer are just not going to tolerate the cam while others seem indifferent or even curious.Heres pics I have of that cam shy group.

Don

Reaction score
Boy those deer sure did not want their picture taken.

Great shots Woodseye

bmulley

Reaction score
Man, woodseye, you sure do have a collection of pictures.  How long you been doing this?  I see a lot of spring-early summer shots.  Do you pull your cams in for the winter?  Keep 'em coming.  I never get tired of viewing!

Fubar

Reaction score
woodseye  What are you doing to those deer to make em so spooky?  Good pics.   Thanx           Fubar

woodseye

Reaction score
Thanx guys, I thought maybe I would burn you guys down with the pics. I been cammin since 1996 but i didn't completely loose my mind till this spring. Up untill then I had one cam and got a couple dozen pics a year.This spring I got two more cams and really got serious. I got about 400 pics and never really shared them with no one except a couple of huntin buddies.Then I discovered this forum and the rest is history. Every time I post pics someone tells me to post more and I don't know if I'm going to make Jesse mad by using to much of his web space. I like to post pics! Had a struggle with webshots but once I got dialed in its so easy. If I can figure out how, I want to make my own cam(I'm totally dumb and can't even solder) seeing those pics with the canon pf make me got to have one. All the glowing eyes I see in pics that could have been deer with one of those. You guys got to help this electronicly  challenged member  build one of those homebrews.

sven

Reaction score
Are all these pics from the same cam?  Only thing I can think of is the cam is making some sort of noise before it takes the pic.  Either that or the red-eye reduction feature of the camera is not disabled and they think a car is coming through the woods at them :skeered:

woodseye

Reaction score
No these were taken with red eye off and with a camtracker and woodswatcher. What I should explain is these 5 pics occured out of 400 pics, only slightly over 1 percent. The buck looks to be the same one in both pics(cams were 1/2 mile apart)I took many pics at same spots of deer not spooked,I simply think some deer are spooky about cams. I've had bucks stand and let the cam photo them up to 3 times and never run.I was just seeing if other cammers were having similar experiences. Sorry I didn't explain what a small percentage this was of my pics.

Later

Top Bottom