Spring Bear - Snake River Oregon

Bwana Turtle

Reaction score
Hey, nothing to it. You're young. I, on the other hand had to take a nap and rub Ben-Gay on my legs just from looking at the pictures.

Great job !

Bulleye

Reaction score
Thats awesome! Congrats on the Bear and the great pictures!

Oregon Archer

Reaction score
nice job guys! i was just over your way a couple weeks ago on a bear hunt. i'm surprised you can get into some of those places over there on foot. we ran into a lot of snow up on the ridge tops. luckily we had a quad with snow tracks

again congrats on a nice bear!

SDHNTR

Reaction score
Don't you suckers work for a horse packing outfit? Where were the ponies on that pack out?

oregoncritters

Reaction score
Nice work fellas...Looking forward to getting over there and spending a little time in that country..However, I have to do my job on the bear population in these parts first:)

AZ Jim

Reaction score
Nice job gentlemen ! Congrats on the bear ! Great story and pics !

The country looks tough, but I bet the challenge and effort was well worth it.

Thanks for sharing.

AZ Jim

Shay Mann

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Oregon Archer @ May 12 2008, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
nice job guys! i was just over your way a couple weeks ago on a bear hunt. i'm surprised you can get into some of those places over there on foot. we ran into a lot of snow up on the ridge tops. luckily we had a quad with snow tracks

[/b]
Thanks Chris,

Hey, that was a cool thing you did, donating your Sled Springs tag for a youngster to use on the mentor program. First class in my book.

BOWUNTR

Reaction score
That was awsome. Story, pics, country... You guys are hardcore. No doubt. I wanna do a spring bear hunt... next year for sure. Ed F

Oregon Archer

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Shay Mann @ May 12 2008, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Oregon Archer @ May 12 2008, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b]
Thanks Chris,

Hey, that was a cool thing you did, donating your Sled Springs tag for a youngster to use on the mentor program. First class in my book.
[/b][/quote]

Thanks. I'd do it again in a second! That was one of the best hunts I have ever been on. Absolutely loved it over there.

Shay Mann

Reaction score
O.A.

Did you post any of those photos that I saw at Wayne's shop. That one of that little guy packing that bear out of that hole was priceless. It looked like he was exhausted, sleep walking up that hill.

Oregon Archer

Reaction score
i dont think i did post any on here. ill do that today. Mason and Isaiah both did awesome on that hunt. They kicked my butt coming up out of there lol. I was the last one out

One Track

Reaction score
Congrats on your bear! It's already been said, but here goes again. "You guys are hardcore!' Very impressive. Where's the mule string???

Shay Mann

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (One Track @ May 13 2008, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Congrats on your bear! It's already been said, but here goes again. "You guys are hardcore!' Very impressive. Where's the mule string???[/b]
The mule string ??? Dang it, I knew we forgot something. :)

No, Jordan and I usually go on foot. Because we can be more mobile. And we leave the horses at home. By the time we were to drive back and trailer horses, and get them to the trialhead, it would take us a day or so. So just like last year, we decided to man up, and backpack the bear out.

snoopdogg

Reaction score
Love that nasty lookin' country. It obviously produces some nice spring bears. Great job and thanks for the slew of pictures.

Zbearclaw

Reaction score
Shay you have got to be the best hunting photo journalist out there. Every hunt you post has a ton of pics.

Good job guys, ya'll are livin it up while we are just sitting here waiting on the stories.

Hardcore and successful for sure.

2rocky

Reaction score
If you are a brawler, you fight UFC,

If you are a rodeo cowboy, you win Cheyenne.

If you are a runner you finish the Western States 100.

If you are a hunter you bowhunt Hells Canyon and pack out your kill on foot.

"What are four signs you are a tough SOB Alex...."

Gentlemen, you both have my respect. That NE Oregon Country breeds some tough folks and sends the weak ones packin'. Keep up the good work.

John

"....and stood there amazed."

superduty

Reaction score
I too have to add that you do a awesome job of documenting your trip with all the photos. Great job guys and keep it up.

Top Bottom