squirrels in Beaumont area

nocturnal23

Reaction score
I'm 13 and like hunting but my dad doesn't, we own land in Beaumont but its south of the freeway and there is no squirrels. Could you tell me any good places around there to hunt. Where's Carrizo. A hunting partner would be great. Rabbits and coyotes are good too. I have a 22. ane a .243, im also getting a shotgun so I have a gun.   thanks

Brian S

Reaction score
Wow, n23 how did you get into hunting, and start your gun collection without your dad being into it. My dad quit going hunting when I was 13 but  I had been going since I was 7 and had the fever. Luckily my grandpa and 2 cousins went with me. I also have to thank my uncle John for taking me on my first deer hunt when I was 13, that was 17 years ago and we still deer hunt together.
  As far as the beumont area goes, I have only crow hunted out there and only saw ground squirrles on a ranch off Timeteo Canyon road. You need to hook up with another family member or trusted friend that hunts. Its kind of tricky because I'm sure allot of people would not want to accept the liability issues with taking somebody elses kid hunting.  I know I woulnd't be comfortable letting my son go hunting without me tagging along to supervise. If you can maintain your interest in the sport for a few more years you can drive yourself to the hunting grounds. I can remember going dove hunting with my cousin, blazing through the desert in a ford fairmont when he turned 16 or 17. Where there is a will there's a way, hang in there.
Brian

nocturnal23

Reaction score
my famil sucks pretty bad, my dad has 3 sister and my mom has 2 sisters (no brothers) . One of my grandpas is dead and the other wouldnt pick up a gun. My dad use to shoot and he still has some guns. I have to shoot squirrels at this nursey down the street from me with an airgun.

(Edited by nocturnal23 at 7:28 am on Mar. 6, 2002)

Bishop

Banned
Reaction score
Nocturnal23:  Welcome to Jesse's.  You found a great place to hang out. I'll keep you off the streets. LOL .  I'm sure if you get a chance to scout around the Banning/Beaumont area with someone you'll find a spot with ground squirrels.  If your property dosen't have them maybe some of your neighbors do.  Once you make friends with them they'll probably like the idea of someone shooting their ground squirrels.  They are very destructive and unwanted by most ranchers and farmers.  One thing you have to watch out for is that most of western Riverside co. is shotgun only, except for a few deer hunting exceptions.

nocturnal23

Reaction score
I dont know if it was legal (except trespassing), but one day we were there and there were people deer hunting there.

sportyg

Reaction score
Young man just south of the 10 there is an area you can shoot . I don't know how it is for gound sq's but it has a lot of rabbit. However as a hunter I would not recommend you just go out shooting rabbit as it is game and good eating. Anyway right off on the left you will see an area with high power lines you can go in that area and shoot. I have been back in there. But check it out to make sure there are no offroad riders before you start capping off rounds..

nocturnal23

Reaction score
Thanks, I would eat rabbit and maybe skin it. The only animal i have hunted so far is squirrel, except 1 rabbit on accident (its a long story). and birds.

nocturnal23

Reaction score
sportyg, if thats where i think your talking about, we own land that the power lines go right by and there usually is
dirt bikers there, but ive never seen a rabbit. Usually we are there at about 12o- 2:00.

sportyg

Reaction score
You want to be out there in the morning, about 6 or 7 AM.. There are rabbit all over last time I was that way.. This land starts right off the road by the high power lines. on the south side of the 10, and goes into privite property owned by one of the companies who do gov work in airospace I think then has a ranch on the other side.

nocturnal23

Reaction score
Are land is right above the gov. land. The land that the gov. uses is owned by a rocket co. called lockeed (spelled wrong probably) so that sounds like our land, have to try that.      Thanks

sportyg

Reaction score
I've been on your land .. Wandered on to it by accident about 2 years ago while deer hunting the area. There are deer in their . If you know where to look. Oh no now there will be hunters in there . I've never seen any. while in the area. I was siting on a hill and someone on horse back was looking as my foot prints as I had entered and turned around and went back out.. That dirt road w/the gate that says private property It is aways locked, as you start up the hill is that you property?? Just above the Remona express way..

nocturnal23

Reaction score
My dad actually like people on the land because walking and the riding of the dirtbikers smashes some of the weeds also we just bought it about a year ago. But thanks ill have to try going in the morning if my dad will take me.

nocturnal23

Reaction score
Actually i dont know if that is our because Remona dosent isnt to close i think, i just know that for sure it is above the old rocket testing place.

Maverick

Reaction score
I WENT UP HEAR YOU HOUSE A THIS YEAR FOR QUAIL. THE FIRE THAT BURN THROUGH THERE MIGHT HAVE HURT THE ANIMAL POPULATION I DIDN'T SEE ANYTHING, BIRD BUG ANYTHING.YOU LIVE NEAR WOLFSIKLS {SP} ROAD RIGHT?

nocturnal23

Reaction score
dont know, but we must of had a fire before we owned it because there is a lot of burnt stuff
everywhere.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom