St. Louis Goose Hunters ????? HELP

GooseAbuse

Reaction score
I am moving to St Louis July 1st and am leaving the creature comforts of my hunting spot at home.  Anyone in the St Louis area know where to go ?  Public land or private lease either one within an hour of the city.  Please email me any suggestions

d trees

Reaction score
Goose Abuse welcome to jesse's best place on the web,d

pitdog

Banned
Reaction score
GooseAbuse,

Welcome to Jesses. I have a friend in St Louis who use to hunt Deer alot but not waterfowl. I'll ask him if he knows of any hot spots and get back to you.
sp

Jay

Reaction score
I'd heard that there is about 100,000 acres of prime duck real estate right at the confluence of the Missouri and Mississippi rivers. Lots of clubs in there as I recall.
Your freebie option would be the famous sandbars in ol muddy herself. Since a large part of the Mississippi water comes from snowmelt and summer rains the river usually runs low in winter leavng lots of sandbars and backwaters for ducks and geese to rest.
The southern tip of Illinois is legendary for it's Canada Geese. I know there are several public hunting areas there.    

D Sea

Reaction score
There's got to be some good hunting around the area.  I've got relative who farm some land in So. Illinois.  They have talked about some huge flights of canada geese that come to feed in their fields.  Aside from their fields, they hunt at Crab Orchard Refuge, and out on Rend Lake.  

Try this link:  http://www.refugeforums.com/refuge/index.php

about 1/2 way down the page you'll find a link to the Illinois Hunters Forum.

Good luck, and welcome to Jesses.

Duke

Reaction score
In St. Charles bottoms there are a lot of clubs.

Advertisement

Top Bottom