Starting second cam, what box

LW

Reaction score
Starting second cam project, what box can I get delivered for < $20 to use with the OWL PF  and  RS  49-425 sensor with a little room left over for a timer later on? I will probably mount the sensor housing inside but not necessiarily. I hope to build a more compact unit than the first which used the Highlander box.  Any suggestions?

swampfox

Reaction score
try one of the antique first aid boxes on ebay. they have metal snap closure locks and a nice rubber gasket to keep water out. i love them. they are 8 by 5 by 2 3/4 deep. nice cams and they are metal too. you can usually get one for about 15.00

Canuck

Reaction score
I just built 3 cameras using owl cameras and the rs PIR.  I found that the LOCK & LOCK containers carried in Canada by Walmart and Canadian Tire worked great. They are just large enough to hold the Owl and sensor with a little room left over for timers, swtiches etc.  The lid contains a rubber gasket and are 100% waterproof.  I built 2 cameras with the sensor mounted externally and one internally.  The cases sold for around $5.00 canadian, I think that's about 50 cents american with the current exchange on the Canadian Peso.  After siliconing everything in place I removed the camera and submersed one for over an hour with absolutely no leakage.  The only problem with the clear case is you can't seem to get paint to stick to it and as others have mentioned the camo duck tape is slightly shiny althou I haven't found it to be a problem.

Canuck

davered1

Reaction score
Canuck,

Check your messages. I use the camo tape to with no problem of shine. If you run to wholesale sports they have some camo duct tape there that is REALLY SHINY so don't buy it.

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
LW, Bat turned me on to these boxes. http://www.pelican-cases.com/microcases.htm </a>[/b]
I have made one with them so far and will be working on another soon with the RS and Brians timer. His timer will fit in the spot behind the on off switch is, where the cut out spot is. Look at my pic and you will see in the spot behind the switch on the sensor is where the timer goes. E-mail me and f you want more photos I;ll send them. MC

http://community.webshots.com/photo/34411254/36147608bbyijBhttp://community.webshots.com/photo/34411254/36147608bbyijB

LW

Reaction score
Swampfox- thanks for the tip on the first aid boxes, am looking up the boxes on Ebay.

Canuck -  I have looked high and low locally for the  Lock & Lock box you mentioned. The WalMart here in town don't carry them,  but I am going to the next town south of here this weekend their WalMart is like a different world,  they have things mine never carries - ThANKS....

MC check your email, cam looks good would like some more info.

Thanks guys - LW

Canuck

Reaction score
I just took a look at the stickers on my boxes and think they may actually be made in Canada.  The ads I have seen on TV say they are being sold in Walmart, Canadian Tire and Zellers.  I have only found them at Walmart.  It is possible they are only available in Canada.  Will post a picture of the box this weekend if I can find another new one (Walmart I Use was out) and my completed box.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom