Stealth cam?

Deer Hunter

Reaction score
In a local department store I found a trail camer called a Stealthcam. It's an infra-scouting camera. Is this any good? I really want a trail camera and it comes with a reasonable price compared to the four hundred dollar ones in Cabelas and I don't think I'm quite ready to build my own yet.... Any advice please from anyone who has used one, seen one, etc! Thanks in advance..

Stever

Reaction score
The most rewarding part of this site is building your own. If a poll was taken 90% of the people on this site had NO clue how to solder when they started.
If you follow the instructions carefully and slowly then it will work. I think when you first start the camera is the most intimidating.
We are all pulling for you and know that your first homebrew is truly a reward.

Bob R

Reaction score
I agree with Stever.  I enjoy rolling my own ammo, and harvesting game with my own reloads.  I enjoy showing off that small cloverleaf group shot with my own reloads.  I also enjoy building my own game cam and showing the results.  The first one I built, my wife just about laughed me out the front door.  "It'll never work!  Waste of time and money!"  That is what I heard while I was gathering parts, and putting it together.  That was until she saw the first roll of film.  It was nothing but does and yearlings, but it worked, and there were deer on the pics.  Now, she is just as excited as I am about wanting to see the pics when I get them home.  And she does not hunt, either.

Go for it.  Take your time, and read the instructions over and over, and ask questions.  The guys right here will bend over backwards trying to help you out.  You CAN do it!!

Good luck,

Bob

russ

Reaction score
Hey Deer Hunter,
      Beleive me if I can do it anybody can!!!!This site is the best everyone here will help you through any problems.I've always wanted one of these cams but the cost was to high and never made it on my toy list.I'm a little finacially challenged right now with my Son in college.But I have been able to build 8 cams  this year.To me this is one of the advantages to building your own,I can slowly obtain parts and put a cam or 2 in layaway.I have also found cams at Pawn Shops,I love to find a cam for 10 Bucks!!!!!!Don't meen to imply that you or anyone eles is as tight as me.But I would of never had one of these cams if it wasn't for this site and help from all the great people here!!!!!YOU CAN DO IT MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!

Stever

Reaction score
Bobr,
Wife laughed at me as well. Ya right wouldn't work and yes she is as excited to get pics back.

TmKarren

Reaction score
I started building a cam. about two weeks ago I just finished it last night.  Today I went hunting sat until a little after dark.  Nothing couldn't be because I got two deer there the last to days.  So I set up the cam on the main trail.  I can not wait intil I see when they are coming in, or what all is coming in.  When I started this cam.  I had little idea how to do anything like this.  I can't thank you guys enough.  I did the cam (owl pf date,time) so I can use it outside the box.  I almost lost it with the cam, but I stuck with it and conquered it.  can't wait for those picts.  you are right you do get a better feeling if you make the cam, rather than buying it..

Latest Posts

Top Bottom