Stealth Game Cams

kmitch

Reaction score
I was in Bass Pro last night and saw they are selling the Stealth Game Cams for $70. I don't know anything about how they perform in comparison to a home brew but, if they are anywhere close, it would be difficult to build a film camera for that cost unless you already have the parts. I can remember in 2000 when I first started trying to build a game cam, the Buckshot 35 was the only commercial I found on the market and it was selling for $235. Little different market now. Wonder how much the home brew development has influenced the drop in film cam prices?

Keith

DavidS

Reaction score
I guess I could say that if you get a good one, they are ok. If you get a bad one, good luck! I have one that refuses to rewind film. Evidently mine isn't the only one. For the price, I have been able to build 3 homebrews cheaper that that $70.00.

MNHunter

Reaction score
I have two of the Stealth Cams and both rewind good, but one has problems with motion detection. When I test it I pretty much have to be within ten feet to trigger it. I'm probably going to take it back and get one of the newer models with 90ft flash and improved PIR. They run about $110, which is reasonable.

MIbuckdropper

Reaction score
I got a stealth cam...my first cam. Works good. I only got 2 deer pics out of it but the weeds blowing in front of it came out good in clear in the pics
its out there by a water hole right now and i will have pics soon to post

xi-arrowslinger

Reaction score
I bought one at walmart for $59 last year and found out the hard way that you should only use kodak film. I put fuji film in it and it stripped the gears in the cam out when it tried to rewind. Luckily it was still under warranty so I sent it back and recieved a new one about two months later with a little sticker that said "use only kodak film". The new one rewinds fine and takes good pics but the pir is very hard to trigger. I like my homebrews much better.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom