• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

Steiner gs3 scope in 2-10x42?

Planetcat

Anyone have one? Thinking about getting one for my new .308 Browning BAR. I've seen their bino's, and the glass is fantastic. Hoping this scope is a hidden gem at around $750.

BDOG

Steiner

I'm looking for the gs3 4-20x50 but kind of leery after reading about the tracking problems with the upper tier scopes. I'm not seeing a lot of reviews or post about this scope at all. I'm impressed with my Steiner 10x50 binoculars though.

Planetcat

Anyone have one? Thinking about getting one for my new .308 Browning BAR. I've seen their bino's, and the glass is fantastic. Hoping this scope is a hidden gem at around $750.
Just got it today with the 4A reticle. Very nice scope. A little heavy and on the large side, but looks like it's incredibly well built and stout. Needless to say, the clarity is superb in the entire 2-10 magnification range. I will post pics when it's mounted on my new BAR.

Planetcat

Ok, mounted the Steiner GS3 2-10x42 on my new BAR .308 last night. Sighted it in today. Rifle shot great, optics are clear and the eye relief is nice and long. Really happy with the setup. More info on the BAR in the General Rifle threads. Here's a picture of the mounted scope:
View attachment 87610

Planetcat

Looks like the scope sit a little low.or just the angle of the shot?
It's about 1/8" off the barrel, but the magnification dial is only about 1/16" off the receiver. Either way, it clears and makes for a nice low profile. However, that 18 oz. scope plus rings makes a 6.5 lb. rifle feel a bit on the heavy side. It does soak up the mild .308 recoil well.

Top Bottom