Stereo Doppler Microwave intruder detector ?

Gun Docc

Reaction score
Howdy folks,

figured i would post this so some of you that may know of this type of detector may steer me in the right direction.....hehehe

i have a couple of these units that were given to me by a good friend and was wondering if they are worth the trouble of messing with.
the 2 units i have are made by protection technologies and are for a burgular alarm system.
they work off of 10 to 20 volts DC or 12 volts AC  so a dc power source can be used
from what i can learn of them they have a detection range of 100 ft in length and 50 ft wide
also the sensitivity can be set from low to high by a potentometer plus it has a walk to test circuit already built in with LEDs.
they are supposedly a movement sensor that detects motion from an object by sensing how far and how fast it moves in a single direction from a rate of 3 inches per second to 10 mph
the settings for this can be set at :
HI = 5 INCHES
MED = 10 INCHES
LO = 15 INCHES

I have not had time to sit down and do much with the units yet but plan to , need to find out what the battery draw is for the thing as it may be a sure nuff battery hog...lol

appreciate any input from anyone on this
Thanks,

Latest Posts

Top Bottom