Stereo plug users

StringShooter

Reaction score
For those who chose to use the stereo jacks on your cameras, how many use the camera for reasons other that the trail cam?

I never use the jacks because I only use the cameras with my trail camera.

horndog

Reaction score
I installed the phono jacks because the wife likes the way the canon owl takes pics. My problem is this, the cam spends more time out of the woods than in the woods. Good excuse for buying another cam. I think that I will direct wire my next one so it has to stay in the box.

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 I put plugs on and use them seperate,right now im carrying one of them in my pack for taking pics from my treestand,+ if i kill a deer i can get pics of it and myself useing the 10 second delay thats built in.

hamiltoe

Reaction score
I use the jacks, it makes a cleaner appearance and I think it will put less strain on the wires.....I got a nice deer last weekend.  The only camera (Owl PF) I had was from one of my cams that I just pulled from the woods.  Since I was alone, I used the timer function and got some pretty good pics...

StringShooter

Reaction score
With the nifty timer it would work great if you were out and wanted a pic of your deer and yourself. I just get in the habit of taking my digital camera with me, but if I were to forget, I could rig the trail cam up to take a pic I guess.

ONESHOT

Reaction score
I use the stereo plugs because, I too, plan to use my game camera to take a picture of my next kill.....whenever that may be.

The radio shack plugs are pretty cheap though.  I have had some trouble with poor internal connections.

(Edited by ONESHOT at 2:12 am on Dec. 15, 2001)

markr

Reaction score
i'm using the coaxial power jacks. where do you hook the red and black wires to the female end.{there are three different tabs} what about the phone cord wires to the camera which color goes where? also do you need to silicone around the fresnal lens?

Top Bottom