STEREO PLUGS

SIMPLEARKANSAN

Reaction score
I HAVE USED 4 OF THESE CAMERAS AND USED MONO PLUGS ON ALL OF THEM.  I WAS WANTING TO USE A STEREO PLUG ON MY NEXT ONE SO I COULD USE IT INDEPENDENTLY OUTSIDE THE HOUSING.  I LOOKED AT THE DIRECTIONS AND STILL A LITTLE CONFUSED.  HERE THEY ARE:  <font face=arial size=1><blockquote><hr noshade size=1>If you want to use the camera independent of this game trail monitor, solder 3 wires to the main front contacts # 1, #2 and #4, not the gold circles, and drill a hole on the front of the camera to pull the 3 wires out through.  Instead of soldering a jumper inside the camera at pins #1 and #2 and running two wires out, run 3 wires out to a 1/8" stereo plug and jumper the two wires (#1 and #2), together at the sensor relay. That way, when the camera is unplugged from the game camera sensor relay, you can still have full use of all the cameras functions, such as focus locking etc. (focus "locks and holds" with a half shutter press and hold).<hr noshade size=1></blockquote></font>

DOES SOMEONE HAVE A PICTURE OF THIS.  IS IT SAYING JUST TO TAKE THE WIRES FROM PINS ONE AND TWO AND SOLDER THEM TOGETHER AT THE SAME CONTACT ON THE PLUG AND THE WIRE FROM PIN 4 TO THE OTHER CONTACT?  THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.  ANY HAND-DRAWN SCHEMATIC OR PIC WOULD BE APPRECIATED.  I'M SURE THIS IS SOMETHING SIMPLE THAT I'M OVER COMPLICATING.

TmKarren

Reaction score
I only did the PF.  What I did was wire the 3 wires all seperate at the jack.  Then wire it so It's the same on the plug as on the jack.  When you plug them together.  Exept at the plug I soldered the advance, and the shutter together (the top two).  With one wire coming out of the plug for the shutter, and flash.  And another wire for the common. So you have the two wires to hook up to two wires.  If that helps.  Thats how I did two cams.  It works.  I put electrical tape behind the plug so I don't short anything out.  The only thing this does is keep them seperate while you use it outside the gamebox.  I hope this makes sense.  This is the only way I have used.  I wouldn't wire a camera any other way.  If I didn't have too.

(Edited by TmKarren at 1:43 pm on Jan. 13, 2002)

(Edited by TmKarren at 4:16 pm on Jan. 13, 2002)

homer

Reaction score
TM    Do you buy your jacks and plugs at radio shack?and do you have part #'s                 Thanks Homer

russ

Reaction score
 Simplearkansan,
What I do is wire my Cams with 2 wires.Then I took a sterio jack with a momentary push button switch from Radio Shack wired together.I can plug it into my cams push the button and camera fires.It can used for indepent cam use or to test a cam.The switch really helps to trouble shot a problem, if unit isnt working I can plug swicth in and see if its the camera or something else.

(Edited by russ at 6:54 pm on Jan. 13, 2002)

TmKarren

Reaction score
Good thing I don't throw anything away.  I get the jacks at radio shack.  I use a 3 Conductor 3/32" Submini stereo phone jack #274-245.  They come in a package of two.  Then just get a 3 conductor plug that is 3/32".  You might could wire up the plug so you could just use a mono plug.  The shutter,flash together.  I didn't want to try it.  So I just went with what I know.  When you go to put the jack in.  It might be a tight fit.  I use a dremel to router it so it fits.  

Ok.  The shutter, auto focus is what you wire together on the plug, but seperate on the jack.  Wired together, and the common from the plug you have your two wires.  Help?  I hope I help.

(Edited by TmKarren at 4:27 pm on Jan. 13, 2002)

TmKarren

Reaction score
This way you just put it in the box plug in the jack your in buisness.  You unplug the jack.  Take the camera out your in buisness.  Thats it.  No wires  no buttons.  Just a little jack by the view window.  This is more presentable to the wife than a camera with wires hanging out of it.

SIMPLEARKANSAN

Reaction score
THANKS A LOT GUYS.  I GOT IT FIGURED OUT AND IT'S WORKING GREAT.  APPRECIATE ALL OF YOUR HELP.

Top Bottom