steyr mannlicher ultralight

telboy

Reaction score
Hello all.

I've had a nasty experience with a steyr ultrlight .308 The rifle discharged as I rotated the safety catch and without the trigger being touched. Fortunately noone was hurt but I've ventilated the back of my jeep. Has anyone else had trouble with these rifles it has the sbs bolt system which is the same as the pro hunter.

telboy

Reaction score
It's with a smith at the moment. For some reason it will now discharge with just slight pressure on the safety catch. This now happens when any attempt is made to put the safety catch to safe or take it from safe to fire. Has there been any similar problems with these rifles or is mine the first. I am concerned that this could happen to other people.

powerman

Reaction score
I've had my Pro Hunter for years, granted I don't shoot it much, but I've never had a problem and this is the first one I've heard of. Let us know what Steyr has to say about it.

Gyopo

Reaction score
I would contact Steyr or whoever is Steyr's rep in the States.

tmoniz

Banned
Reaction score
A word of advice. Make sure to hold the muzzle straight up in the air while loading or unloading.
Ya never know.

scr83jp

Reaction score
The USA office Steyr USA,5977 Steeplechase Blvd,Cumming,Georgia

telboy

Reaction score
Just to let you no fault has been found. It was the screw which holds the trigger mechanism onto the action. It had worked loose allowing a small amount of movement ( few thousands of an inch) which was enough to release the firing pin. I would suggest that anyone with this type of rifle checks the screw and make sure its tight. I have never touched this screw and did not think to check it surely it should be set so it does not work loose.

Top Bottom