Stickbow's Camera

Stickbow

Reaction score
Finally remembered to take a picture of my "picture-taker"!!

Here's one of my first Cams (I now have 4 done) I used the Pelican 1120 case, RS 49-425 sensor, Canon Owl PF date cam, and 30mm UV lenses for the flash/cam lens holes.

http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/st...w::sGameCam.jpg

My good Buddy "Billy from Va." did my wiring/soldering, and I built the boxes and put 'em all togeher. They work great, and I'm having a ball with them!

Thanks Jesse, Billy, and everyone else (too numerous to mention) who helped me get started by sharing their cameras, ideas and technical data on this forum.

"Happy Home-Brewing"
  >>>===Ron===<>

glen71

Reaction score
Stickbow - Nice looking cam. The UV lens filters are a great idea! I may have to copy you :D. What is the red knob for?

(Edited by glen71 at 10:57 am on Aug. 31, 2001)

Stickbow

Reaction score
Thanks. Copy away......I got the UV filters at BestBuy (they were about $8.00 ea. I think.) They work GREAT and fit the
1 1/4" Hole Saw hole PERFECTLY!!!

The red knob is my 3 position Camera/OFF/LED test switch.
It's covered with a rubber switch cover which screws down well enough to help keep it waterproof.

bowbender

Reaction score
stickbow, that is is one awsome cam ! love it! hey tell how and who camoed that cam,?????would love to camo mine that way!
here is a pic of my buck-cam

(Edited by bowbender at 10:57 am on Aug. 31, 2001)

(Edited by bowbender at 11:01 am on Aug. 31, 2001)

jayber

Reaction score
Don't see anything bowbender!  Forget the pic/link? LOL

Stickbow

Reaction score
Bowbender,

Thanks. I did the camo job myself...it was easy. All it is is some Cloth camo tape which I sprayed over with a few coats of Satin Polycrylic Finish (by Minwax- found in Wal-Mart) to add durability and a little water repellency. It also seals the paint (O.D. Green) so it too, won't come off as easily.

Is yours in a Radio Shack Hobby box? Like the small size! It wouldn't be much trouble to camo it up like mine even now. Just cover it with the tape, then carefully cut-out the holes under it where you need 'em w/ a scalpel or razor knife....just be careful!

Billy,

Yeah, that's one of the 1120 ones. I'll send ya along some pics of the 1150's as soon as I can get some scanned.

glen71

Reaction score
Stickbow - Will the whole 30mm filter fit through a 1-1/4" hole, or just the threaded portion?

Stickbow

Reaction score
The entire filter fits the 1 1/4" hole. I usually hold it in place with a little super glue until I silicone it. I face the threads to the inside and use them as a "grip" so to speak, for the silicone to hold onto. I only put the clear silicone I use around the lenses on the inside of my boxes.

This position (threads in) also keeps the outer portion of the lens slightly recessed which helps protect it's surface from damage, and perhaps keep it a little cleaner.

I'm sure you'll like 'em if you give them a try!

bowbender

Reaction score
JAYBER, THE PIC IS THERE,AT LEAST ITS SHOWING UP FOR ME!
STICKBOW YES THATS A RADIO SHACK HOBBY BOX,BY THE WAY IVE NEVER SEEN CAMO TAPE THAT LOOKS THAT GOOD,CONGRATS!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom