Stone Lakes National Wildlife Refuge

gwhunter69

Reaction score
I hope everyone participates...

From California Department of Fish & Game's Wing Beat News, Region 2, Summer 2002

Hunting Could Be Part of the Management

Stone Lakes National Wildlife Refuge is about to embark on an important, multi-year process to develop a "comprehensive conservation plan" for the refuge.  This plan will help guide overall refuge management for the next 15 years.  Hunting could become part of the management plan if the hunting public participates in the public hearing and lets their wishes be known.  The refuge is located 15 miles south of Sacramento on I-5 and 7 miles east of Elk Grove.

The refuge headquaters for over 4,000 acres of managed lands is located at 1624 Hood Franklin Road, Elk Grove, CA 95758.  This refuge could grows to 18,000 acres.  Comments about hunting being allowed on the refuge, as well as having your name added to their mailing list, should be directed to their refuge headquarters address or call 916-775-4421.  You can also contact Lynda Tonarelli, Administrative Support Assistant at email: lynda_tonarelli@fws.gov.

Stone Lakes NWR is managed by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.  The FWS is a federal agency within the Department of Interior.  The California Department of Fish and Game (which produces Wing Beat News) is a department within the State Resources Agency.

The public hearing are scheduled from 7:00pm-9:00pm.  These dates have all been confirmed.

Monday, September 16, 2002  

Elk Grove Community Services District Board Room
8820 Elk Grove Blvd., Elk Grove, CA 95624

Driving Directions: From Sacramento, Take 99 South, Exit Elk Grove Blvd., turn left (east). Aprox. 1 mile on right hand side. Brick Bldg.

Thursday, September 26, 2002

Clunie Community Center (Auditorium)-McKinley park
601 Alhambra Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95816

Wednesday, October 2, 2002

Jean Harvie Community Center
14273 River Road, Walnut Grove, CA 95690

Thursday, October 10, 2002

Veteran's memorial Center - (Club Room)
203 East 14th Street - (Corner 14th and B streets), Davis, CA

(Edited by gwhunter69 at 9:19 am on July 26, 2002)

gwhunter69

Reaction score
I hope everyone participates...

From California Department of Fish & Game's Wing Beat News, Region 2, Summer 2002

Hunting Could Be Part of the Management

Stone Lakes National Wildlife Refuge is about to embark on an important, multi-year process to develop a "comprehensive conservation plan" for the refuge.  This plan will help guide overall refuge management for the next 15 years.  Hunting could become part of the management plan if the hunting public participates in the public hearing and lets their wishes be known.  The refuge is located 15 miles south of Sacramento on I-5 and 7 miles east of Elk Grove.

The refuge headquaters for over 4,000 acres of managed lands is located at 1624 Hood Franklin Road, Elk Grove, CA 95758.  This refuge could grows to 18,000 acres.  Comments about hunting being allowed on the refuge, as well as having your name added to their mailing list, should be directed to their refuge headquarters address or call 916-775-4421.  You can also contact Lynda Tonarelli, Administrative Support Assistant at email: lynda_tonarelli@fws.gov.

Stone Lakes NWR is managed by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.  The FWS is a federal agency within the Department of Interior.  The California Department of Fish and Game (which produces Wing Beat News) is a department within the State Resources Agency.

The public hearing are scheduled from 7:00pm-9:00pm.  These dates have all been confirmed.

Monday, September 16, 2002  

Elk Grove Community Services District Board Room
8820 Elk Grove Blvd., Elk Grove, CA 95624

Driving Directions: From Sacramento, Take 99 South, Exit Elk Grove Blvd., turn left (east). Aprox. 1 mile on right hand side. Brick Bldg.

Thursday, September 26, 2002

Clunie Community Center (Auditorium)-McKinley park
601 Alhambra Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95816

Wednesday, October 2, 2002

Jean Harvie Community Center
14273 River Road, Walnut Grove, CA 95690

Thursday, October 10, 2002

Veteran's memorial Center - (Club Room)
203 East 14th Street - (Corner 14th and B streets), Davis, CA

(Edited by gwhunter69 at 9:18 am on July 26, 2002)

d trees

Reaction score
Be there the 26, how sweet it could be , more acres for the hunter:toast-yellow:,d

d trees

Reaction score
I will be there either the 16 or the 26 depends on when I get moved to Sac might be moving on the 14 of sept,d

RIFLEMAN

Reaction score
I used to coonhunt in there long before it was a refuge.  I would welcome the chance to hunt waterfowl there.

d trees

Reaction score
Me and my girlfriend rented an apartment in Rosemont , and as soon as fishing season is over I will be moving up and cant wait to hit those refuges ,d

gwhunter69

Reaction score
Thanks Jay.  I am glad d_trees posted it there.  I could not respond to his post it kept asking me for my password over and over and over and over again.  I got pissed and gave up.  Please post a response for me.

Lynda Tonarelli's correct e-mai is: Lynda_Tonarelli@fws.gov

I already corrected it on JHP.

Thanks a million.

(Edited by gwhunter69 at 9:54 am on July 26, 2002)

gwhunter69

Reaction score
DFG printed the wrong e-mail address...I tracked down the right one and tested it.  It works.  I corrected the post above already.  Sorry for the confusion.

d trees: Thanks a million for posting my post on that other website.  I spent a long time typing that post out of the DFG Wing Beat News, because they had not posted it on their website yet.  BTW: You would be amazed at how many typos there are in the DFG's Wing Beat News.  It is embarassing.  They really need somebody to proofread that stuff and utilize the spellcheck. Anyways, I am so glad my effort is getting wide use now.  Thanks again!

(Edited by gwhunter69 at 10:24 am on July 26, 2002)

gwhunter69

Reaction score
Here is the "canned" letter Jay mentioned...

7/24/2002

1624 Hood-Franklin Rd.
Elk Grove, CA 95758

To: Thomas Harvey - project leader
   Beatrix Treiterer - deputy project leader
   Amy Hopperstad - outdoor recreation planner

The purpose of this letter is to inform you that I support the proposal to allow waterfowl hunting on Stone Lakes National Wildlife Refuge.

Much of the land that is now part of the refuge was actively hunted before it was acquired to form the Stone Lakes refuge. In my opinion, since waterfowl hunting was a prior use of the property it should be allowed to continue while the management plan for the refuge is being developed.              

Thank you for your consideration,

tinner

Reaction score
my family has friends in sac. that hunt waterfowl. i will turn them onto this.

d trees

Reaction score
Lets go guys print out the letter and mail it in to em, if we dont start getting the land thats available now we will be locked out its in allof our best intrest to get involved with these propertys if we can get even semi organized they will have to pay attention to us and it will surely PI$$ of the ANTI"S . it doesnt matter if you would use the property today because you might in the near future ,d

gwhunter69

Reaction score
Too bad the JHP t-shirt are not available yet...we could show up in force and in uniform...LOL!

d trees

Reaction score
GWH so true ( but I will be wearing one from the other site with the cali gang on it to let em know I am a proud hunter. As soon as we get the T shirts done here I will be wearing it too,d

gwhunter69

Reaction score
D, I was having all kind of technical problems with that other site.  I signed up and it still won't let me post.  It was extremely frustrating and pissed me off quite a bit.  I did not find it very user friendly...is that normal?

d trees

Reaction score
NO since they switched to the new V bulletin version I have had no problems maybe you need to check your settings ?? Im not sure , why your having problems you might try the help forum anyways Its all for the good of the birds and us hunters let get involved and cange things for the better,d

d trees

Reaction score
Tinner thanks but I think anyone who hunts should get involved , did you know you can on most refuges shoot upland birds , Varmints , waterfowl etc and this should not be a well I will never hunt there so why should I bother issue , I never heard of cargil salt ponds before Jay posted the letter and may never hunt there but does that mean I shouldnt help other hunters get access to public land ?? I think until we start supporting other hunters we will keep loseing out on opertunities and land for you me and our future hunters will keep being taken away from us and once its gone its gone or even worse its another strip mall or subdivision.
get involved or get use to watching OLN or Outdoot life Channel ,d

Tinner I dont want you to think im picking on you cuz im not , I just want people to get involved!! and to think about how other people benefit from useing NWR's not just duckhunters ETC I think there was a couple varmint hunts out at Wister this spring could that happen if there were no duck hunting allowed on that refuge ?? until we all start thinking and becoming more involved the Antis our gonna keep winning ,d

(Edited by d trees at 11:38 am on July 26, 2002)

BigDog

Reaction score
Looks like dtrees is starting to ring the bell that I have been ringing for so long. I hope you get more responses than I have Derrick. We all need to join the effort or we are going to lose some very important parts of our lives. And those that follow us will never know the experiences and joys that we have had and cherished.

Megadeth

Reaction score
I'll be there with a group on the 16th, probably 4-5 guys. We must band together and show the positive side.

Top Bottom