Story time!

coyote

Reaction score
wow...This forum has really taken off.  I shoud not be surprised thou...Jesse runs the best hunting infopages on the web.  
I been away for a spell and wanna hear from the orignal gang and meet some new guys as well!
Tell me what you guys been doin or huntin'....or at least lie to me like ya useta!
JP Here's the buck I killed sept.29th.[if the pic shows]
Jess...thanx for the deer calls!
Bull....did you get my video...how was it?   [lie here if ya have too!]
E.E. You are one inventin' mother....what's new! [Thank you... again]
welby....  I built a serious off-road dune buggie for your homemade section.
Tinhorn...get some sleep....you can't type all night.[hey,how'ed you get your pic at the top of the page?]
critterhunter.......please don't reply...haaahaaa.
o.k enough ...talk to me boys

Eagle Eye

Reaction score
Hey Yote, glad your back among us. I'm going to have to get Jesse to send me one of those deer calls if it will bring me in one like that. Nice buck.
I'm still trying to perfect the ultimate deercam,
nah, really I'm just trying to keep up with the other guys.

Welby

Reaction score
Hello Stranger!  It's been awhile...

That is one huge buck!  What's the name of that deer call again?

I would absolutely love to hear about your dune buggy.  I have been toying with the idea of building my own ATV for awhile and have been scouring the net for all sorts of info.

Keep us posted, and keep those pictures comin'!

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Man, I guess that thing has a Gin-Pole on it to lift those 1000 lb deer   :)

WOW

Tinhorn

JohnnyP

Reaction score
Hey Yotes-
Pleasure having you around again, ya always seem to get everyone excited.

Dandy of a buck...especially with a bow!! You da man.  Quit holding out on us tell us the details or do we have to buy the magazine and video (big 'ol grin)?  How far?  Stalk or call?  You know, the gory stuff.

Here's one of the bucks we took a couple weeks ago in Oreeeegun.  Three of us each got nice one's.

Fubar

Reaction score
Coyote  Welcome back yo the Forum. Where have you been?            All I can say about both of those deer is WOW.              Fubar

Tinhorn

Reaction score
JohnnyP

WOW!

I worked out there in the northern part of the state for 5 years back in the 70's, near Hermiston, and never seen anything like that running around our neck of the Desert!!!!!

!!!!Wow!!!!

Tinhorn

coyote

Reaction score
JP
You got that "Playgirl" pose happenin' in that photo... and he's still got the oats on his nose! LOL
Seriously thou,  nice pic and another trophy for your den.  7mmSTW? Is that pretty country or what?
It looks like he aquired some velvet damage on his passenger's side?
My shot was 25 yds and tracking lasted a full day.  I think I'm still in shock in the photo that I actually got him...maybe a lil'dehydration too.  Many times I said I'll get him outa' his bed one last time and give up on him....more later...pup's are howlin'....yoteee'

davered1

Reaction score
Coyote,

where in Alberta are you at?Is the region you got your buck in a draw region or open?I have been going to alberta for 5 of the last 7 years(had to try sask twice).Been hunting in couple spots there,Longview on the OH Ranch,Cleardale(fort st.john) with a friend thats an outfitter,and Drayton valley,This year will be up just south and west of Edmonton (Duffield).

Good hunting everywhere I have been so far,got this one 2 years ago hopefully something like that happens this year........

coyote

Reaction score
Hi davered terrific wt!!
I live in central Ab. but my truck odomiter will tell you I hunt - film all over.  The bow tag is over the counter but rifle is draw.
Hey welby...here's a couple images [If you look close in the one pic you can see the 5' atv cultivator I built too.

(Edited by coyote at 9:56 pm on Oct. 18, 2001)

Welby

Reaction score
That's what I'm talking about!!  I like that...that's exactly what I've been wanting to build!

You are gonna have to fill me in on all the details:  what type of tubing for the framework, motor, tranny, suspension...man, I bet that thang is a lot of fun!  My MIG welder and tubing notcher stand ready to go!

jayber

Reaction score
What kind of speed do you get out of that thing?!  That looks like a blast!!!!  Belt driven?

JohnnyP

Reaction score
Yoteee',  you're too dang funny.  That's my Boddington pose.  Oats?  Alfalfa.  :)  Yeah, he had a buggered up main beam, I liked it...makes him unique.

What happened with your hog?  Paunch shot?  How did you enjoy your Mountain Salad?  (grin)  It's even better when they sit in the sun for a couple hours before you find 'em.

coyote

Reaction score
o.k. ok. JP
to-che'
Your gonna make me cry!
I shot a qiver full of arrows at this buck to finish him.  First shot entered hisleft shoulder and popped out in the front.  see pic. Final shot I saw his head and neck in the willows and put one in his ear.  The cape is perfect which would be a shame to wreck a double throut patch buck...okay be nice now!...yoteee'

coyote

Reaction score
Welby,jay
I could go on....and on about that buggy.  I'll try to get a separate thread goin' in the home build dept.
CVT trans.  90 hp liquid cooled rotax ,17" travel,  I'm in the process of punching the moter 80th over and gearing it down. It's in sane fast.I bought a speedo for it. later...yoteee'

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi Yotee,
You start a "how-to" thread on that baby, you'll be answering questions for a  L  O  N  G  time!
The most popular no doubt being - "will ya sell me one?"

So... will ya sell me one?

Archilochus

Tinhorn

Reaction score
I Just noticed in the buggy pix, he has his Basket Ball Goal at Half Mast, now that's patriotic!

Tinhorn

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Shoooooo weeee  that's a nice buck yoteee. You too JohnnyP and Davered. Hoping to see one that big next week in Arizona.

You want lies? My pants fit, I'm dating one of the twins from the Swedish bikini team, my hair is thick and getting browner everyday. I can look at a  pecan pie and say, "No thanks" without even flinching.

Nice buggy there. Guess I'll whip out a couple buggy pics.

Here is our old Class 10 buggy we raced in the SCORE races in the southwestern US deserts and Mexico. This was one of the first A-arm buggies out here, (1989), and many of the drivers told us it wouldn't work. 2 years later and they all had one. Kevin Bunderson out of Las Vegas did the framework.

Punched out VW motor and we even played around with a Porsche motor in it that screamed

This is one of our buggies from when I was in the USAF. Can't go into the details on this one since they are still using them. A bit too much weight for getting serious air with but you could mount some fun toys on it and blow stuff up.

Tinhorn, Gin-Pole? I haven't heard that term in many moons. Used to take down our towers with them. Mighty handy tool.

Arrowhead

Reaction score
You guys are getting some mighty nice bucks. I've only been to California once and got a little blacktail. IT was cool though. One of these days I'm gonna make the trek to atempt to get a nice mulie. Thanks for sharing.

Jesse >> That USAF shot looks like one  of the many buggy's I've seen people use to hunt in South Florida.

Here's a pic of a buggy my friend Longbeard made.

sorry you'll have to cut and paste this geocities link....

http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Gorge/8140/lbpolobuggy.jpg

Latest Posts

Top Bottom