Strange Events In the Wilderness

rosss1897

Reaction score
i havent seen anything but have had strange feelings in the woods,several years ago my girlfriend and i were camping north of buck meadows,that evening we were watching tv in the camper the generator ran out of gas so we decided to go to sleep ,a few minutes later i had a strange feeling i looked at her she was looking at me and she said theres something wrong , we picked up the gen and left,we went a couple of miles and set up again no problems there, another time a buddy and me were deer hunting north of reed creek,wolfin meadows,it was warm late evening, we were walking down a ridge about 30 yards apart ,at the same time we looked at each other and he said did you feel that, at the same time we felt a cold chill and the hair stood up on our necks, i said i dont know what it is but i'm leaving, we made a fast trip back to the jeep and back to camp lol

Richmonder

Reaction score
Lets blow the dust off this thread...

I used to hunt for mushrooms several years ago and spent a fair amount of time exploring the hills on the east side of SF bay. One time while busting through some brush a couple hundred yards from the nearest trail I came upon a fairly strange scene. There were a bunch of used shoes arranged in a circle, surrounding a single rock. And strewn all over were feathers. All I can say is that it got real creepy and I decided to hightail it back to my car and look for 'shrooms elsewhere.

On another occasion I was also looking for mushrooms not far off from a trail, maybe 50 or so yards. From the distance I saw what looked like the smooth tawny surface of a coccora mushroom. As I got closer I could tell it was not a mushroom, but could not identify it. As a bent down to take a close look I saw that it was a dry and shriveled small leather moccasin partially embedded in the ground, a kid's size I'd say. Not sure what to make of it. Just thought it was strange to find such an object far from the trail in an area of the hills that wasn't very popular with hikers at the time.

The creepiest and most unexplained event happened sometime late in the 80s in Mexico. One of my uncles owned a small single-room cabin in hills about 3 miles from the edge of town. It had no windows and the entrance was a solid wood door. He would use it as a base camp for hunting or simply as a place to get away and relax. That evening my mom, sister, aunt, cousin and I stayed in the cabin while my dad and uncle went night hunting. Sometime around 11pm as we were playing board games we heard some noise outside the cabin. We figured my dad and uncle had returned - until we heard the clip-clap of horse hooves right outside the door. My aunt figured it was someone just trying to scare us. The hoof-beats continued, followed by snorting. My cousin grabbed a shotgun and opened the door, expecting to see some drunk on horseback. Nothing. There was no one there and no hoof prints on the ground. The only road leading to the cabin was cobblestone, so we would have heard anyone on horse leaving. My aunt, being an ardent Catholic quickly started praying saying it was the devil or some demon. Who knows.

canamrider07

Reaction score
I have over 20K ATV miles on some rugged terrain and there is one day that I still can't get over.
This was before the digital age, around 2008. I would carry the old 8mm cam corder to record the rides. This was a sunny spring day, warm in the sun and cool in the shade. My brother and I were riding from Drinkwater Flats near Santa Clarita out to the I5 near Gorman on the OHV trails. We were on Liebre Mountain and halfway down I stopped to get the camcorder out. Great view of Pyramid Lake, poppies, clear blue day, etc. I turned the camera up the trail and saw three horseback riders coming down the trail. I zoomed in, and zoomed in as far as I could. I was thinking am I out of my mind, am I seeing what I think I'm seeing. I kept filming, closer and closer, I waited for my brothers reaction, he was speechless. I kept filming as they approached. The riders said hi, isn't it a beautiful day! We both said oh yea, its really awesome out here. As they continued down the trail and out of site I checked the film to make sure I was not hallucinating. I wasn't, 3 young topless girls with rather large chests bouncy down the trail...I still have the old 8mm tapes that some day I'll convert over to digital..

perdizgunner

Reaction score
Dang Canamrider, that wasn't spooky but great. You should have gone back to see if there was a repeat performance.

Top Bottom