Strike two, not much time at bat !

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
Yes left bright and early Friday Morning, thought I could stretch an extra day of Hunting in, not far from there and here comes Herfy ! the 64 is closed and will not open for 6 plus hours, OK no Biggy down the 33 I shoot to the 61 Damn its closed also. huge multi vehicle and fatality wreck at the James Dean intersection, Wazes continueing to turn me around back to the 5 and that is not happening. I have my Goat there has to be a way over the hills between me and the Ranch ? I figure the Back door has to be at the opposite end of the front So off I go into unexplored territory, down the 33 at out in the middle of no where a fire station OK should be able to get some solid info here.
Left the House at 5am and at almost 10am I am pulling into a fire Station. Get the story on why both the 64 and 61 were closed and lucky one of the fire fighter also hunts pigs, he eyes my truck no problem there and I get directs over the mountains, down the 33 another 15 miles a left on 198 for another 20+ miles a left onto Parkfield Divide and is off road, well not totally some asphalt mostly dirt winding goat path thru the hills. Damn it is amazing how so much open property can all be private property, not a house, not a out building, notha ! just land as far as the eye can see and the signs Private property No trespass, no Hunting ? But the Land was beautiful, I have some pictures1 Ranch 050.jpg1 Ranch 046.jpg1 Ranch 047.jpg1 Ranch 048.jpg1 Ranch 049.jpg

Sign was still light we had rain drizzle during the morning hunt and rain all after noon to about 2pm. was really looking forward to the Sunday morning hunting figuring on all fresh track and sign but here comes Murfy by way of a phone call. Now understand we rarely get a signal ever at the Ranch but heres the Wife calling her car is over heating and I need to come home !!! Come Home ? it was 6.5 hours and over 300 miles, over hill and dale, COME HOME ? So we agree that I will be Home in enough time to repair her car, which meant first light Sunday Morning.
Well already planning a trip back in a couple of weeks, The Pigs are there just got to be where they are at the same time. at least when we get back all the sign will be fresh from when we left.
OOOH I need a pig caller and sow in heat scent any great ones out there ?

Attachments

KTKT70

Reaction score
Sounds like a nice trip. Land looks real good. Can't wait fir the pig pics. Thanks for sharing.

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
I don’t know how exciting it is to burn premium cali gas running all over the state dealing with all the suprizeing detours to get your hunt in I would have been really frustrated , R those pics where u where hunting or just real estate pics it’s hard to tell I was looking for the pig sign u mentioned. Was it a bow or gun hunt? Thnx for sharing nice looking back country...tra

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
No they were just the back door Parkfield divide vista pictures not of the hunting area, it is Rifle until I get a good stock of pork in the freezer then I want to play with the Bow. We had some track down low and going passed the wallows, but no sign of using the wallows.
The rooting was in the higher elevations, not enough info to start to patterning them. but there is a lone big boar cruising around.

It was a chuck of change it Gas 640 miles round trip, Glad I had my little goat 4.3 instead of the Yukon with a 8.1 liter

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
5 out past Frasier Park almond and Cow country

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
The 61 and 64 are the intersection that James dean crashed and died at, they just added several more to the list last Friday.

KTKT70

Reaction score
Way past Fraser park. That's on top of the grapevine. You are talking out in the middle of no mans land. I didn't know you could hunt out there. You are very close to jack ranch. That is now part of the Hearst hunting lands. Cow land really but the run pig hunts also. I'm do not know the land you speak of but its not far from my part of Kern. Let me know if you need a hand out there. I could probably fit it in the work schedule. Lol. Best of luck out there. as always be safe .

Last edited:

KTKT70

Reaction score
41 and 46 are the roads that meet out there by the JD crash sight.

Stevehazard

Reaction score
Oh no wonder I didn't know where that was, wrong numbers? I've not hunted that area before. Been South and North of that area but not there yet, nice looking country that's for sure.

Brnsvllyjohn

Reaction score
It's not that pretty in late August if you work out there. Tough area to get permission to hunt in. Stick with it Opah you will get one.

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
You got it, I drive past Jack ranch I believe head to the property. ya sooner or later it will happen, good area, just got to keep my boots to the ground and do the work.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom