Striking Elk pics

foulshot

Reaction score
I'm going to do my best to get up to RMNP this year and get some shots......

Shay Mann

Reaction score
Too early boys, way to early to be showing these photos. It is only June !!!! :)

tmoniz

Banned
Reaction score
There is nothing in this world that beats hunting Elk.
Nothing.

JNDEER

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DFGELK @ Jun 10 2008, 08:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
from a recent capture[/b]
nice...is she still with F&G?

we both graduated this year...wish my boot was in the door like her's is, but I am trying

baboltin

Reaction score
dang those are some awesome pics, thanks for sharing them

DFGELK

Reaction score
yep, she is still with DFG and works for me. But she is playing hookey this week and trapping geese up north.

bpnclark

Banned
Reaction score
Here are some pics of two Tule Bulls from Cashe Creek from a few years ago (+5). The pics are pretty bad because it was a little point and shoot camera.

[attachment=52392:elk1.jpg]

[attachment=52391:elk2.jpg]

I have noticed the two pictures in the DF&G Big Game magazine this year and the bulls are pretty small with tags in their ears. I remember looking for pigs in the area and seeing some really nice bulls. I haven’t been back for a couple of years and I was just wondering if they are gone. DFGELK – Are there any big/old bulls left in the public area and are all the bulls tagged now?

Thanks -

Attachments

DEERSLAM

Reaction score
Here's a old broken bull from Cache Cr.

These are 3 young Tule bulls from the Lake Pillsbury basin.

JNDEER

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DFGELK @ Jun 11 2008, 08:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
yep, she is still with DFG and works for me. But she is playing hookey this week and trapping geese up north.[/b]
Excellent. talk about a dream job
(for some anyways)......shoot me a pm if you get any openings.

DFGELK

Reaction score
There are some real nice bulls at Cache Creek but what usually happens is people harvest the first animal they see that is close to the road (That does have its advantages). There are not a lot of big bulls but they are there. The only marked or tagged animals are relocated animals either from Concord or San Luis Refuge. We are putting radio collars on elk at Pillsbury and at East Park. I have two elk with GPS collars at Cache Creek I can not find and have not been able to find in awhile. The batteries should be about dead and once they go dead I will probably never get my info from them.

Joe

bpnclark

Banned
Reaction score
Thank God. I haven’t been there in while and was hoping they were still there. I could not imagine drawing the Tag of a Lifetime and shooting the first small bull I ran across. When I saw the pictures in the magazine I was a little worried.

I spent a good amount of time at Cache Creek looking for pigs and never saw one. But running into a couple of those big bulls made those trips worth it.

Thanks -

84toyota

Reaction score
[attachment=52394:Bull.jpg]

Here's a photo of a bull from the capture this spring east of redding... They darted him in order to more easily deal with his head gear. They put a collar on him (and a few cows) in order to see how the herd moves. I have a feeling they don't go very far from where they were captured. We shall see...

Ken

Attachments

Latest Posts

Top Bottom