Strut Seat

Reaction score
Have any of you tried the Hunter's Specialties 2-Way Strut Seat? I am looking for something that will offer me a little comfort, but yet is not to much of a hassle to carry around.
Junctionhunter

FTTPOW

Reaction score
Welcome aboard Junctionhunter. I know just what you mean about comfort. I think I have one of those seats. I forget the brand name for sure. Mine has the folding legs. I took the cushion from my vest and had four short straps with snaps sewed on with one in each corner of the seat. I cut off the long shoulder strap that came with the seat. After snapping the seat on, I can buckle up the vest's cushion with the legs of the seat pointing forward or folded up. It's hands-free and out of the way and best of all it's always in position when you need it. It can bounce around when you go to retrieve your bird after the shot. If you don't want the back of your legs flogged, you'll have to hang on to it. It sure makes a difference versus sitting on a cushion. You're off the ground and not rolling up on your tailbone. Plus that small pebble doesn't grow into a large rock after sitting for a spell.

woodsman

Reaction score
junctionhunter welcome to JHP, I ues the air filled one made by Hunter's Specialties ,got it at walyworld works good.$5 good price to

TScottW99

Reaction score
i have both the air filled one and the folding leg Strut Seat.  I love the Strut Seat.  Works great, get's rid of all those "hidden" rocks and roots.  If it get's too brushy i place it in my turkey vest and head on out, forgetting it's there.  A great investment!

Tominator

Reaction score
JH, welcome aboard! I have the fixed leg model and love it. The thing is not even noticeable when being transported and is extremely comfortable, I would definitely recommend it.
Tominator

killinturks

Reaction score
are any of you guys recommending this tall? im 6'5". i sat on one at fleet farm, it seemed too short but the real test is a few hours in the woods

FTTPOW

Reaction score
killinturks, I'm built a lot closer to the ground than you are. Still, you have to compare the seat to sitting on the ground. You'll be a few inches higher than you would be without it, but you'll be able to help stay concealed just like you were when sitting on the ground. For a few years I scoffed at anyone who would drag a sawed-off lawnchair out in the woods turkey hunting. What kind of wussy would waste their money on that? After I had back problems, I had to rethink my position. Now I'm glad I gave it a try. The advantages of using one outweigh the disadvantages, for me.  

Tominator

Reaction score
KT, I'm 6'4" 290# and it's comfortable as all get out.
Tominator

tomturkey

Reaction score
I also never thought I'd want to lug one of those things around. I recieved one of the fixed leg models as a gift last year,  and after giving it a try, I won't hunt turks without it again.

tomturkey ;)

RSB

Reaction score
I have the fixed leg type also, it is a lot better than sitting on a cushion on the ground. The folding leg type might be easier to move through the woods.

Reaction score
I am 6'2" and weigh near 400 lbs. I've been using the folding leg model since it came out and before that I used the fixed leg model. Neither one ever gave out on me, so they are darn near indestructible if I didn't break 'em!

QALHNTR

Reaction score
<font face="Tahoma">Well, I'm not a turkey hunter (YET) but this post caught my eye.  I've got two bum knees and when I set up a coyote calling stand I find my knees locking up in just 15 minutes.  I got the folding leg model and it sure helps.  Now that I have a turkey chair, maybe I need a turkey shotgun?  Hmmmmmm.......</font>

TScottW99

Reaction score
QALHNTR,
 I broke my in by yote hunting.  Got it for Christmas and couldn't wait for spring gobbler so it got tested while hunting predators, great seat. Scott

h2obobh2o

Reaction score
I love my STRUT SEAT, it is one of my favorite pieces of turkey hunting gear. I have had mine for four seasons now, and wouldn't leave my truck without it! I modified mine, I put some narrow webbing on the bottom, and can carry my three decoy's (I wrap an orange piece of cloth around them for carrying), or my rain gear, or whatever. I am also 6'1, 255lbs, and find it more than comfortable. I would recommend it to anyone!

maytom

Reaction score
I have the fixed leg model and it works very well indeed!! BUT, if I were to get another one, it would be the folding leg model just becasue it has the cross bars welded onto the legs which will prevent the legs from sinking down to far in the ground!!! Us big guys have to think of stuff like that!! I love this seat and wouldn't go into the spring woods without it!!!!!!

TScottW99

Reaction score
Well I got back into deer hunting this year.... man this strut seat is even great for this!!!! sure keeps you warm when your tail isn't wet

Tominator

Reaction score
I took mine deer hunting for the first time this year and only got to sit on it for 35 minutes before it was time to load up the buck and head to the house for some grits and eggs. Sure was comfortable while it lasted though!
Tominator

love to hunt

Reaction score
i have thought about one of these for years . but i am a big guy 6'2 and 350 ....never thought it would hang around long .....where do you find these ? my walmart doesnt have them i know .

FTTPOW

Reaction score
A belated welcome to Jesses, loves to hunt. As for finding a seat, about any quality sporting goods store or department should have some variety of seats. They may think of them as seasonal and will start carrying these after Christmas. As they gear up for spring season, you'll probably be tripping over them before you're done.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom