Study your pictures closely.....

cedar N sandy

Reaction score
Here are a couple of pics I got this past Fall with my Camtrakker. At first I thought nothing had set them off, just some dud pics. But the more I studied them I was able to spot the animal that set them off. As spectr17 stated on his site, sometimes the animal is hard to find without the aid of a magnifying glass.

Look close at the lower right hand corner of the first pic ...... see the deer's back leg.

See the white flower or bush in the second pic..... that is actually a deer's back end flaggin' thru the swamp as it jumps over the palmettos.  

Welby

Reaction score
Great point you make there.  I have something to add to that as well.

I became frustrated with the fact that so many of my pictures have "nothing" in them, but my last roll opened my eyes about that.  In a sequence of five pictures that were taken in about a span of four minutes, only three of the pictures contained deer.  The first two pictures of the sequence contained nothing, or so I thought.  But then I realized that the deer had not crossed in front of the camera as the trail ran, but instead had approached the camera from head on through the dense thicket.  The MS20 apparently "saw" the deer before the camera actually could.

Where I hunt and also use my trail camera, it is mostly dense briar thickets and brush, as this land is like most other around here.  Most landowners in MS have given up their timber for cold, hard cash.  With that in mind, it made me realize that those pictures with no animal present may have been taken because the animal was just beyond view and passing through the dense brush.

In fact, with this in mind, I went back and inspected some of my other "ghost" pictures a little more closely and discovered that nearly all of them were taken in locations of extremely dense brush.

So, apparently, if you use your camera in an area of dense thickets like where I use mine, this kind of picture is the norm.  This is because the PIR can see a lot better in thickets than the Owl can, and humans as well.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Hey, I used Photo Shop to adjust one of the pix's dual-carrier side band modulators and you guys need to take another carefull look! ! !

Tinhorn

cedar N sandy

Reaction score
Now that explains alot!! One of our club members will not hunt in the evening anymore because he swore he saw what he said was a "Werewolf" one night on the way back to camp.... we thought he had maybe fell out of the tree or something and hit his head.....a wolf in Ga., no way we said :eek:.
No wonder that deer is movin' so fast!!!

Fubar

Reaction score
That could be a Wolf Spirit            Fubar

Top Bottom