Stupid is as stupid does...

MBullism

Reaction score
When I can, I usually take my springer with me for a run when I go to check a cam.  It's always a firedrill when we get close to the cam- me trying to get to it to switch to test mode before she quarters or circles in front of it, her always "trying" to take a pic of herself.  This morning we go to a cam thats been out only a week, but is a good 1/2 hour walk each way.  She beats me to it, but it doesn't go off...I'm thinking: "Yahoo! full roll!"  She's thinking: "why is it turned off?"  :banghead:

I went through my led test and all when I put it out, apparently didn't double check myself before I left...

I used to laugh when I read posts about peeps that have a checklist in their cam.  No more.  I'm thinking of getting a tattoo!  Thank god I could only wait a week before checking it...

M

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
Don't feel bad, I left one of mine in test mode for 2 weeks before. I haven't done it lately but I know someday I will again. Do you leave your cams out during turkey season?I have pulled all of mine out of the woods. Even though I only put them on my property I have poachers come in all the time. I found a place where 2 turkeys had been killed just yesterday.Oh well. LOL

MBullism

Reaction score
I've got two out now.  One is right behind the house so it's pretty safe.  The other (the one I walked away from leaving it in "conserve battery" mode) is in a place I archery hunt for deer.  Really never been much of a turkey spot though, so I'm gonna chance it.  Our turkey season doesn't start 'til the 29th... out of all the guys I know that turkey hunt, I'm the only one I know that's spent any appreciable time in the woods already, and I haven't seen any cars parked or anyone in the woods...YET.

You KNOW that when I left that camera this morning I took a test pic, LOL....

M

woodsman

Reaction score
That's got to S#$@ ! I don't think you will make that mistake again :tongue-green:

Eagle Eye

Reaction score
I once trekked through the meanest , nastiest spot on our property to set out a cam, when I went back to check it two weeks later I found I had forget to open the lens cover.
Anyway, your in good company.

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
Looks like I am going to have to jump on board too.

I have done so many things that I can't even list them all here.
If it is possible to forget it I have done it.

Everyone is definitely in good company.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
I know how you feel, I've forgot to do the "Check List" thing too and had a "Dead" camera out for several days, if not weeks.  That's why I "ALWAYS" do a WALK TEST  now!

But, I've walked/drove way out there only to find I had nothing to strap the cam on a tree with or,  when I was just "Checking" a cam already out, found dead batteries and no spares or didn't have a new roll of film with me, and then there was the time that I.......

Tinhorn

Dbworld

Reaction score
I do the opposite...I check the damn thing about 3 times before i leave.  Once I even walked back in to make sure.  Can anybody say obsessive-compulsive?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom