stupid things i have done setting up

gantley

Reaction score
being new to game cams, i had no ideal how to use them.  the set up and use of game cams would be a whole new page.

1)  when setting up the game cam with the more costly date back, be sure to set the time and date format.  i have yet to remember to do this when setting up.... h.i.a....

2)  when setting up the game cam be sure to have the camera in standby when turning on or connecting the PIR power source.  i have an ever growing collection of elbows and belly shots.... once again h.i.a.....

3)  when setting up the game cam be sure to turn the camera on.  my cam looked real good hanging on the side of a tree.  no telling what i missed over the 4 days..... h.i.a.

4)  when checking the cam do not walk in front of camera until you have set it to standby.  i am learning.....

5)  after powering up the PIR be sure to allow enough time for the relay to drop out before switching the camer from standby to ready.  i know how the coon feels....lol...

what have you guys done with your game cams?

RSB

Reaction score
Same here , thinking of making a check list might help

Dbworld

Reaction score
I'm obsessive compulsive I think.  I do the opposite.  I check...then recheck everything.

passgas55

Reaction score
One time I removed a roll of film, set the cam back up and when I got to my 4wheeler I was trying to figure out how I ended up with an extra roll of unshot film

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
gantley, I think I have done all those before also. I'm getting better about making sure the camera is on now. It is easy to forget toses simple things. MC.

Cabin Fever Bob

Reaction score
I use to always get the cam positioned and locked up, THEN realize that I forgot to turn the cam ON! I'm getting better at that though...

Archilochus

Reaction score
I get obsessive too.... I check, re-check, and check again.... THEN make all those mistakes anyway!

My favorite - which I've done more times than I'll admit to:
I always have "test" rolls of film laying around that I use for testing when building a cam.  The rolls have **TEST** scrawled across them in thick red marker.  Yup, I've put the cams out loaded with the test rolls - don't want to think about what I've missed!!

Archilochus

(Edited by Archilochus at 5:31 pm on Aug. 1, 2002)

wfontjr

Reaction score
if you remember back to the tennesse deer forum days i got 24 pictures of my right thumb on the gas of my four wheeler on the trip out to put the camera out

davered1

Reaction score
How about hiking up to your goat camera (1 hour up the mountain) to realize that it was all for exercise because you left your spare roll of film inthe truck at bottom of the hill!:crygreen:

Happened monday morning, Now i Have to go back up tomorrow to refill!!

MBullism

Reaction score
Not me, I never forget any of those.

'course I still can't explain the week without pics, the multiple shots of my belt buckle, the roll I put out in march having december dates...

:laffin-yellow:

chili

Reaction score
Any of you "old timers" want to share your check list with us yungins?

Tinhorn

Reaction score
I mark my test rolls the same as Arch and took 2 rolls to be "Developed" so far (not at the same time either), they said both times at the 1 hr "this roll was intentionally exposed to the light"??   If I brought out a wire from the flash capacitor circuit and grabbed it everytime I did a bone-head thing, would that train me to stop it?  any shrink's out there?

The reason I preach doing a walk test both when the cam is put out and picked up is because of all the dumb things I've done.  Too bad I'm not more handsome and could give away all those pix's of me to the womans but they are all tossed in file 13  :>)

Tinhorn

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
I have PREACHED to enyone who has bought a cam from me not to point near the rising or setting sun. Couple of months ago, set one out and had a whole roll taken on 2 days in the morning for an hour around sunrise. To make matters worse, I reloaded the film when I pulled the first roll, and didn't get the first roll developed for 2 days. Threw the second away.

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
I hate this post! Just got back from switching out cards in my 370 and realized I forgot to turn the $$%$^%&$&$$%$$^%R%*^^$$^%$^%$#$#### camera on. Damn, now I've got to go back.

MBullism

Reaction score
Man, I HATE that one... HH, how did you wire that "$$%$^%&$&$$%$$^%R%*^^$$^%$^%$#$#### camera"?  Is it similar to the 370?  (LOL)

gantley

Reaction score
To all of us with our head in our ass, I drink to us!  God knows we will only get smarter.

Top Bottom