• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

Sturgeon Fishing question

bohunter3

I have never fished for Sturgeon, but I know they have stocked a few in Cuyamaca lake near my home. I like to fish for trout there. I was just thinking of trying for a Sturgeon, but what do you folks use for bait/lures? Is there a typical type of rig or lines set up?

Redneck75

Being in Cuyamaca, the fish have a bit of a different diet. Most of the sturgeon caught/hooked there (very few) have been caught on Mackerel or Nightcrawlers by guys fishing for catfish. I've fished that lake a ton and it's my opinion that there is nowhere near enough of a population to make it worth trying to fish for them. If you catfish that lake, just hope for the incidental bite from the sturgeon someday.

Top Bottom