Success at last

grtwythunter

Reaction score
Well, after three rolls of false triggers I finally got some pics of deer. Two does and an ear from a third. I didn't use up the whole roll, but couldn't wait to see if my thermostat worked. Unfortunately I don't have a scanner or the knowledge to post my pics, but I am trying to hook up with a buddy that does. I now have a full blown case of the cam disease.My wife thanks you guys.     Scott

Richard Webb

Reaction score
Hi grtwythunter - Congradulations.  Wal*Mart has a scanner if you want to post your pics. At what time did those desert deer walk in front of your trail cam? Did you get any road runners?

grtwythunter

Reaction score
Richard- I got consecutive pics at 7:08 and 7:09a.m. Two does in the first,one in the second. Got three pics at night with nothing in them. I suspect there was a critter there but not in front of the cam. I am debating moving my cam to a higher traffic area but the trail also sees alot of dirtbike use. Can't decide if I want to risk my cam. There aren't many roadrunners in the foothills where my cam is, but I do know a water hole I might hang it after deer season.      Scott

Richard Webb

Reaction score
grtwythunter - The Mojave Desert forecast for tomorrow is 115 Degrees, so I would continue on with your present setup. (It was successful) People are basically honest, so moving your cam near a dirt bike trail isn't a real big risk. I have a sign on my cams "Study in Process", and have pictures of weekend hikers peaking into the lens. Also, kids holding up turkey feathers, etc. Last winter at Red Rock Canyon we seen a lot of road runners, and the jack rabbits came running when we turned on the water. People in other parts of the country would enjoy seeing your desert critters. Are your deer Blacktails or Muleys?

Billy in VA

Reaction score
Scott:
I took my solder iron and put my name and phone number in the box along with my address. I thought if someone saw that they may not want to take a chance on someone else seeing them with my box. Maybe the third person would call me. It is all a chance we take.  I also got an 1/8" cable with a loop in each end. I place this around the tree and back thru the second loop and then lock this to the box with a combo lock.  All this it just to help keep an honest man honest.  Good luck, now that the bug has bitten, "Buy more flim!"  Later  Billy

grtwythunter

Reaction score
Richard- our deer are hybrids. I have seen some that resemble mulies, then some that resemble blacktails. Some take on characteristics of both. CA actually classifies them as a separate species for their record books. I had a birthday recently and mom hooked me up with another owl PF so you guys can guess what I'll be doing this week. P.S. I went with 70 degrees for my setting-earliest pic was 8:38p.m. latest was 7:23a.m.      Scott

Latest Posts

Top Bottom