Success for a newbie

Idaelk

Reaction score
I just got my first roll developed and I'm pumped !!!! I can't thank all you guys enough, this site is so helpful. I put my newly built cam over my bear bait and got 24 pics of a sow and her cub. when I got the camera I noticed what looked like a nose smudge and lick marks on the glass.I can't wait to get the cam back out its next destination is the river bottoms by my house. Oh I don't have a scanner so I need to go back to walmart to get the pics put on disc so ya'll can see the bear pics. The wife loves the pics and is pretty proud of me for building the cam. I think I may have to build another soon! I hope the timer isn't to hard to add, causer I think thats next.

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
Idaelk,thats great!! look forward to the pics.pretty exciting stuff huh?

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
Do I hear the distinct sounds of a new "CAMAHOLIC". Too late for intervention, your toast like the rest of us now. Can't wait to see the pics.

Cabin Fever Bob

Reaction score
Congratulations Idaelk! It is quite a feeling of accomplishment isn't it? I wanted to build one of these cams for the past year and a half since I stumbled onto Jesse's site but just feared not being able to do it or ruining something since I had NO electrical or soldering experience at all. I tried talking a buddy of mine into building one with me but he discouraged me since he was about as electrically "DE-clined" as I was. Finally through encouragement from the guys on the forum and MUCH help through e-mail I completed my first cam without much problem at all.

BTW, cam #2 is about 95% done! Ummm, did I also mention that cams #3 & #4 are about 25% done?.?.? YEP, it's addicting!!!! :shades-smoke:

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Good to hear Idaelk. It's always fun to see whats out there in the woods and impress the relatives at the same time.

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
ZZZzinnnnnnnggggg,  jerk..   Got another one hooked!!!

Jesse,  we need a fishing smiley face for these occasions.

Todd.

chili

Reaction score
Congratulations Idaelk on a successful cam. Look forward to the pics.

I love to see new guys come on the board. Many start out (like me) with apprehensions about burning up a camera and wasting more money than they would have spent on a commercial unit. Then, once they get started they realize that it isn't as hard as it seems and they end up building many cams. I guess I just enjoy seeing people grow in all areas of life. Thanks always goes to Jesse and the JHP Forum.

wfontjr

Reaction score
just a little advice,  do not burn up the kitchen table, move to your own little corner of a room with your own table cause this is one hobby thats year round, where as your actual hunting time is only a few months of the year, also good idea to intercept the visa bill before the wife gets a look at all those charges

Latest Posts

Top Bottom