SUCCESS

knothead

Reaction score
i just got finished with cam using hamiltoes board.everything works great.it was very easy to assemble to my suprise(first time i ever touched a soldering pen).i have a HAWK-EYE JR and this unit is twice the cam. i am very pleased and think everyone that is building should try one.
 HAMILTOE;
         Thanks for a job well done.
 AND THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT HELPED ME WITH MY STUPID QUESTIONS.....YOU GUYS ARE GREAT

knothead

Reaction score
the  board and parts he sell for $40.00 plus ship.i added a counter that added $13.00. my unit has;
owl pf date
ext. counter(w/o cam on..trail counter)
pic delay(4 pos.)
0-11 sec. shutter output
adj. PIR sen.
walk test LED
not counting the box and my time i figure i got $110 in the unit. i used a hobby box for this one but will use pellican on all others(about $18.00 ea on the web) i did have to buy all tools but that dont count. hehehe

woodseye

Reaction score
Do ya think someone who has no electrical ability(ME) would be able to do a camera? I'd love to have an owl PF cam. I just don't know if I could do it.  Whataya think?
 woods

Dbworld

Reaction score
I think 90% of us on here had no prior electrical ability.  I have six homebrews since early December 2001 now.

Nothing fancy though.  Soon I'm going to tackle a timer and/or hamiltoes board.

I say go for it. Theres something about making it on your own....

knothead

Reaction score
WOODSEYE
i never even seen a circuit board before. ive built houses all my life.there is really nothing to it. ive only built one so far...but i bought 7 more cams today at target. it gets additive....real fast. try one you can do it.

TmKarren

Reaction score
see next

(Edited by TmKarren at 7:36 pm on Jan. 24, 2002)

TmKarren

Reaction score
If I can do it you can.  I've never done anything like this before.  I have a hard time finishing anything I start.  I had a hard time putting it down once I started.  I've built one, working on two.  Doing stuff diffrent this time.  But all in all it's pretty easy.  You have alot of great people here. Who will help.  The instructions are easy to follow.  I'd say you will have no problem.

(Edited by TmKarren at 7:37 pm on Jan. 24, 2002)

Possum

Reaction score
I had no experience at soldering or electronic work.  My dad is an electrical engineer (design) so he was used to working with circuits. I used him, too.  BUT, it was the unselfish help from this web site and forum that got me through my first one.  The biggest thing I learned was when messing with the CAMERA you have to TAKE YOUR TIME and DEDICATE some time with no interruptions.  Then I believe anyone can do the camera.  

Lew

Reaction score
Thanks to all the guys that gave me help in doing this project.  My first completed camera went in the field on Friday and I picked it up today with a full roll taken.  The pictures were great !  All deer with good focus and lighting.   For this camera I used the Hamiltoe technology.  Still trying to get a camera based on Lamson PIR to work and expect to have that done soon.  I will be building more of the Hamiltoe type for myself and friends.  From this first trial, one thing I have learn is the need for a camera shut off switch on the outside of the box.  I have installed it this afternoon.  To protect the switch and make it water proof,  I cut off the treads on a 3/4 inch PVC nipple and glued then on the outside of the box where I want the switch.  Then, insde the nipple I drilled my hole, installed the switch and use a 3/4 in PVC cap to screw in the threads.  This may sounds a little confusing without a picture, but it works great.  If if anyone wants to see a picture let me know and I will try to post one.  Lew  

Latest Posts

Top Bottom