Successful Moose Draw!

bcbear3

Reaction score
It pays to be persistent, finally drew a utah moose tag after 10 years. Less than 10 tags given to nonresidents, a once in a lifetime tag. I can never apply for moose again in Utah.
I harvested a young bull in WY during 1997 season, have been applying everywhere since. Awesome meat, the best in my book.
The Utah tag is for the three corners, west dagget unit including flaming gorge. Hope to go next month and look around some, interested in any info from deer or elk hunters in the field that come across nice bulls in this unit.
Flaming gorge is an awesome reservoir for large trout, will have to do a little fishing as tag includes fishing permit.
Can hunt both seasons in sept and oct with any weapon. My camping gear is still packed from May POW bear hunt and ready to go...any volunteers?

BOWUNTR

Reaction score
That is so cool. I've never hunted moose before... but will some day. I'm facinated with the Shiras. I have 6 points in Utah and will draw some day too. Utah has some great moose. Congrats on the awsome tag. Ed F

hntnnut

Reaction score
Thats awsome, congrats. You sure have some luck at drawing hard-to-get tags.

Richard

DEERSLAM

Reaction score
That's sweet! Congrats on pullin a great tag.
I have 9 points in WY and may cash em in next year.

PasoRobles

Reaction score
Whoa Whoa Whoa............. Last time I signed on to guide your goofy a** we stayed at a Best Western and ate some good home cooking. Now you want me to snuggle up with you in a teepee and eat freeze dried food? Dude, I don't think so.

You can count on me my brother, Doug and I will plan on being there for a few days at the least. When ya heading home, the pork is running wild out at the ranch and we need to do a little Barley protection.

Hasta, Jim

grtwythunter

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Now you want me to snuggle up with you in a teepee and eat freeze dried food? Dude, I don't think so.[/b]
Keep your stay short...........in AK he didn't go into snuggle mode till 3 or 4 days into the trip.

Scott

wmidbrook

Reaction score
I'm just now seeing this...Congrats! I've run into moose when I camped up top and would drive down to flyfish the Green River in the mornings/evenings. I can't guarantee it's the best area for moose by any stretch, but I was impressed by the number of cows I ran into...bulls should be in the area if your tag is during the rut. Email me and I'll tell you where I have seen moose.

Mulie4Ever just caught a 33 pound Mackinaw last week there. If you don't have a boat, I'd stick to fishing the Green River--you can charter guides easier on the Green than the Lake but there are both options....I think you can also rent a drift boat and just pay for drop off/pick up services too from Dutch John.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom